World Chess Day is celebrated on July 20 annually across the world to mark the date of the establishment of the International Chess Federation (FIDE) in Paris in 1924. On this day, people can celebrate the day by teaching someone or learning how to play the game. Also, you can consider a 24-Hour Marathon or share your story about your own chess strategy.
- International Chess Federation (FIDE) played an important role in providing an important platform to foster, dialogue, solidarity and a culture of peace and it also aims to make improvements in friendly harmony among all peoples of the world.
- Along with it, A high-level virtual event “Chess for Recovering Better” is being organized and top chess personalities can be a part of this event.
World Chess Day: History
- On 12 December 2019, The General Assembly designated 20 July as World Chess Day to mark the date of the establishment of the International Chess Federation (FIDE) in Paris in 1924.
- It is believed that the game of chess known as “Chaturanga”, dates back almost 1500 years and it originated in India.
- Chess is the one of biggest ancient, intellectual and cultural game which attracts fairness, inclusion and mutual respect, and noting among people. this game can play an important role in contributing to an atmosphere of tolerance and understanding among peoples and countries.
******** End ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.