World Brain Tumor Day 2021: All Need to Know
World Tumor Day is observed on 8th June every year. the main purpose of this day is to create awareness about this deadly disease, ensure its early diagnosis, as well as pay tribute to brain tumor patients and their families.
- In 2000, this day was first observed by the German Brain Tumor Association (GBTA).
What Is Brain Tumor?
- A brain tumor is a kind of disorder in which brain cells grow abnormally. These tumors can either be malignant or they can be non-cancerous (benign). The grading of the tumor from 1 to 4 depends on the location and how fast the cells grow and spread to other vital organs. It can originate in any part of your brains like membranes, cranial nerves, pituitary gland or pineal gland. (Translated into English: Source: ndtv.in)
Symptoms Of Brain Tumor
- Memory loss
- tingling or stiffness on one side of the body
- balance loss
- anxiety or depression
- trouble concentrating
- feeling confused or disoriented
- muscle weakness
Causes Of Brain Tumor
- As per Researchers, exposure to certain chemicals and radiation and a family history of brain tumors can be caused of Brain Tumor
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.