World Bank Approves Loan
- The World Bank (WB) has granted its permission to provide loan of $ 500 million which is around 3,700 crore ruppes in Indian currency. this loan amount will be used in order to the quality and governance of school education across six Indian states they are : Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Rajasthan. WB grants loan under ‘Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States Program (STARS)’project.
- Under Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan, The project will be in operation.
Important points – What is STARS program ?
- STARS program is known as solid foundation of the India-World Bank relationship. it aims to strengthen education in all government schools and take steps make education available to everyone.
- The World Bank has already provided $3 billion assistance for STARS program.
- According to World Bank, India has got a lot of improvement in providing education to all in the nation between 2004 and 2019, and number of children who are going to school has been increased from 21.9 crore to 24.8 crore.
About World Bank –
Headquarters – Washington
Founded – July 1944
Founders -John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White
President– David Malpass.