What is Remdesivir Drug ?
- Remdesivir is known as a broad-spectrum antiviral medication. it was developed by the biopharmaceutical company Gilead Sciences. as a specific treatment for COVID-19, remdesivir drug is being used across the world and along with, US has also allowed to use of remdesivir for those hospitalized with severe disease.
- Ebola virus and Marburg virus can be treated With the use of Remdesivir antiviral medication. but, it doesn’t prove to be ineffective in treating these diseases.
More Information about Remdesivir –
- Remdesivir is an International Nonproprietary Name (INN).
Side effects of Remdesivir –
- Respiratory Failure and Blood biomarkers of organ impairment.
- low albumin.
- low potassium.
- low count of red blood cells.
- low count of platelets.
- yellow discoloration of the patient’s skins.
Remdesivir Drug trials by WHO –
- To treat COVID-19, WHO conducted four time mega trials. WHO used Remdesivir, HCQ (Hydroxychloroquine), Lopinavir and Ritonavir combination and Interferon-beta with Lopinavir and Ritonavir combination to treat COVID-19 patients.
About WHO –
Head of WHO : Tedros Adhanom
Headquarters of WHO: Geneva, Switzerland
Founded of WHO: 7 April 1948.
Read and Share What is Remdesivir Drug