‘Vivad se Vishwas’ scheme Extends till 30 June 2021
The Indian Govt has announced to extend the direct tax dispute settlement scheme ‘Vivad Se Vishwas’ deadline. the scheme will be effective for more than two months till June 30, 2021. it aims to offer relief to the taxpayers facing hardships amid the Covid-19.
Prior to this, the Centre has extended this scheme three times.
- First time – 31st March 2020 to 30 June 2020.
- Second-time deadline – 31st December 2020
- Third Time – till March 31, 2021.
Vivad Se Vishwas scheme:
- The ‘Vivad Se Vishwas’ scheme was announced in the Union Budget 2020.
- Provides settlement of disputed tax, interest, penalty, or fees