Vinay Mohan Kwatra appointed as new foreign secretary – The Central Government has appointed Vinay Mohan Kwatra as the new Foreign Secretary of India on April 4, 2022, and his appointment was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
Vinay Mohan will replace Harsh Vardhan Shringla who will retire from his position at the end of April 2022.
- Vinay Kwatra has also served as India’s Ambassador to Nepal.
Who is Vinay Mohan Kwatra?
- Vinay Kwatra is a 1988 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer.
- He has served in significant positions in India’s diplomatic missions in Beijing, Washington DC.
- Vinay Kwatra also served as the Joint Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office.
- He also served in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s office (PMO) from 2015 to 2017, and as India’s ambassador to France from August 2017 to February 2020.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.