Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar Appointed Next Chief of Navy Staff
The Govt of India has appointed Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar as the next Chief of the Naval Staff. Hari Kumar is a presently Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Western Naval Command.
- Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar will assume the post on 30 November 2021 after the retirement of present Chief of navy Staff Admiral Karambir Singh.
Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar
- Kumar was born on 12th April 1962 and was commissioned on 1st January, 1983 in to the Executive Branch of the Indian Navy.
- 59 years old Kumar has served nearly 39 years
- He has commanded INS Nishank, Missile Corvette, INS Kora and Guided Missile Destroyer INS Ranvir.
- Kumar has also commanded Indian Navy’s aircraft carrier INS Viraat.
- He served as the fleet operations officer of the Western Fleet.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.