Uttarakhand Bhookamp Alert app: India’s first earthquake early warning system
On 4th August 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the first-of-its-kind earthquake early warning mobile application, called ‘Uttarakhand Bhookamp Alert’,
- Uttarakhand Bhookamp Alert app was developed by the Uttarakhand State Disaster Management Authority (USDMA) and the Indian Institute of Technology-Roorkee.
- The main objective of the Bhookamp Alert app is to strengthen public safety.
How it works:
- The app will provide real-time data and Earthquake early warning systems will monitor quakes in real-time.
- The system will send an alert in few seconds and IIT-Roorkee’s control unit will receive signals from the sensors in real-time.
- People will receive notification of the magnitude and source of the earthquake along with a timer that counts down.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.