Top 5 Current Affairs of 1 september 2020
- On 1st September 220, Rajeev Kumar has taken charge as the Election Commissioner of India. he has become the part of the Election Commission of India and will serve with Election Commissioners Sushil Chandra and Sunil Arora.
- On 21st August 2020, His appointment was announced by President Ram Nath Kovind. Ashok Lavasa gave resignation from the post.
- On 1st Sept 2020, The Centre has made a contract in order to supply six Pinaka regiments to Army of India. Centre will spend 2,580 crore rupees on missiles by the year 2024. Pinaka regiments is a system of rocket launchers.
- According to the data provided by the Union Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, India’s GDP has dropped by 23.9 per cent in April-June Quarter of FY 2020-21. it registers worst ever contraction in the last 40 years time.
- in January-March 2020, The GDP increased at 3.1 per cent. in March, Centre imposed strict nationwide lockdown due to COVID-19. it became the cause of the collapse of the Indian economy.
- As per the recent updates, the Indian economy has experienced a contraction of 23.9% as compared to 5.2% growth in Q1 2019-20.
- The GoI is looking for 100 million tonnes (MT) coal gasification. Govt wants to achieve this target by the year 2030. This information has been shared by Union Minister of Coal and Mines Shri Pralhad Joshi during a webinar in New Delhi.
- The centre is planning to invest more than 4 lakh crore rupees in order to get the target.
- The main purpose of it is to increase the production of synthetic natural gas, energy fuel, urea for fertilizers, and other chemicals.
- it will also promote the use of clean sources of fuels.
- On 31st August 2020, Japan has made the announcement of Development Assistance loan of 3,500 crores rupees to India. The Development Assistance loan will help India to combat with COVID-19 Crisis and it will be as COVID-19 Crisis Emergency Response Support. along with it, the loan will cover the implementation of health and medical policy.
Social Ours Platforms-