Today Top Current Affairs 9 November 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 9 November 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
FASTags is now mandatory for four-wheelers
Road Transport and Highways Ministry have decided to make FASTags mandatory for all four-wheelers. as per the notification, old vehicles have been included for FASTags, this decision will come into effect from 1st January 2021.
- At the recent, Indian govt modified the Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989 in order to make FASTag compulsory for new four-wheeled vehicles registration.
- It will be the responsibility of the vehicle manufacturers or their dealers to supply FASTag during registration.
- Moreover, you get new third party insurance. then, a valid FASTag will be needed. the Centre has altered in FORM 51 (certificate of Insurance). now, FORM 51 will capture FASTag ID.
- The main objective of it to promote electronic toll collection and make payments through the electronic at toll plazas only so that the vehicles could pass seamlessly.
Shipping Ministry as Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways
8th November 2020, the Indian govt has changed the name of the Shipping Ministry. now, it will be known as the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways.
- PM Narendra Modi shared this information during Ropax ferry service event in Gujarat through a video-conference.
NPCI taxes 30% cap on transaction volumes through UPI for third party apps
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has taken a decision to impose a cap of 30 per cent of transactions which will be completed in UPI on Third-Party App Provider (TPAP).
- the decision will come into effect from 1st January 2021. TPAPs will be given a period of two years those’s limit exceeds.
- moreover, WhatsApp Pay is included and will be applicable for 30% cap from January 2021.
- NPCI website has shown 21 third party applications: Amazon, Whatsapp, Samsung and Google are also included.
Natkhat film becomes eligible for Oscar nomination
- Now, the film has been as eligible for 2021 Oscar qualification after won the festival.
- Along with it, it received cash prize money of $2,500 (which is almost 1,85,497 rupees ) and it also received an opportunity for a television broadcast deal on ShortsTV.
- Shaan Vyas has played a role as director. Vidya Balan and Ronnie Screwvala roled as co-produced.
Filmmaker Sudarshan Rattan passed away
- He has also written, directed and produced the 1996 action drama movie Hahakaar and worked with Sudhir Pandey, Shafi Inamdar, Neelima Azeem and Johny Lever among others.
World Urbanism Day 2020
World Urbanism Day is observed on 8 November annually across the world. it is also called as World Town Planning Day. this day aims to understand and promote the role of planning in creating livable communities.
- the International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP) organizes this day every year.
- In 1949, it was established by the late Professor Carlos Maria Della Paolera in order to make public and professional interest in planning.
- World Urbanism Day also create an opportunity to make planning from a global perspective. so that, people could pay attention to the environmental impact.
National Legal Services Day 2020
The day of 9th November is considered as National Legal Services Day annually by citizens and Legal Services Authorities. it also highlights the enactment of the Legal Services Authorities Act 1987.
- The main objective of this day is to create awareness among people regarding provisions and right of the litigants.