Today Top Current Affairs 9 July 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Akshaya Patra mid-day meal kitchen in Varanasi. the Akshaya Patra mid-day meal kitchen will be managed by the Akshaya Patra Foundation. the Foundation also runs one of the world’s largest school feeding programmes in collaboration with the government’s Pradhan Mantri Poshan Shakti Nirman (PM POSHAN) scheme.
- the kitchen will help in feeding over 1,00,000 children in a bid to ensure that they don’t miss out on education due to poverty.
- UP Governor Anandiben Patel, and UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. They were hosted by Madhu Pandit Dasa, Chairman, Akshaya Patra, and Chanchalapathi Dasa, Vice Chairman, Akshaya Patra were also present.
The Rajasthan government will introduce the Right to Health Bill — the first of its kind in India in the Assembly. the Right to Health Bill aims to commit to quality and affordable healthcare services through government and private healthcare providers.
- The Govt made a draft bill that defines the rights of patients, their attendants and health care providers, as well as a system for addressing grievances of the stakeholders in January this year.
- The bill includes all necessary provisions in the interest of patients.
- The right to health bill is a part of the Rajasthan government’s bid that aims to expand and strengthen medical services in the state.
- CM Ashok Gehlot approved Rs 117 crore towards the expansion of the facilities in Mahila Chikitsalaya (women’s hospital) at Sanganeri Gate in Jaipur.
Private non-life insurer SBI General Insurance has announced the appointment of Paritosh Tripathi as managing director and chief executive officer, which will come into effect on July 5th, 2022. He has replaced P.C. Kandpal, who has been posted as Deputy Managing Director (DMD)-(P&RE) at the Corporate Center, State Bank of India (SBI).
- Tripathi has over 32 years of banking experience and has worked in various departments including MSME, mid-corporate segment, international banking and bancassurance.
- He also served as general manager of operations, internal banking group with SBI and was also on the board of Sterling Bank, Nigeria and SBI Canada.
- He was appointed as head – of bancassurance from 2017 to 2020, firstly with SBI Mutual Fund, and then with SBI General Insurance.
SBI General Insurance launched a comprehensive cyber insurance cover for individuals called the “Cyber VaultEdge insurance plan”, offering protection against financial losses arising from cyber risks and attacks. Individuals can buy this policy for themselves and their family including self, spouse, and 2 dependent children (up to 18 years of age).
- The plan will cover Cybercrime, theft of credit cards, cards, personal information and fraud related to the Transaction.
- It will offer protection for the Transactions associated with this Transaction.
- The policy also includes theft of Funds, Identity Theft, Cyber Bullying, Cyber Stalking and Loss of Reputation, Cyber Shopping, Online shopping, Social Media and Media Liability, Network Security Liability, Privacy Breach and Data Breach Liability, Smart Home Cover amongst others.
Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe died at 67 after being shot by a 41-year-old man during an election speech. The 67-year-old Abe was Japan’s longest-serving leader and stepped down for health reasons in 2020.
- Shinzo Abe served twice as Japan’s prime minister, first PM term was from 2006 to 2007 and again from 2012 to 2020.
- In 2006, He first came to power when he became the prime minister.
- Shinzo Abe then led his party LDP to a landslide victory in the 2012 Lower House election and became Japan’s PM again.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.