Today Top Current Affairs 8 November 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 8 November 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
1st solar-based Integrated Multi-Village Water Supply Project
On 6th November 2020, The Minister of Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Shekhawat initiated 1st solar-based Integrated Multi-Village Water Supply based project in India. he launched it in Arunachal Pradesh.
- It will be the 1st water supply project of India and 28.50 crore rupees will be sent spent on this project.
- Along with it, it will help in availing drinking water to nearly 17,500 people in 39 villages of Lower Dibang Valley district in Arunachal Pradesh.
AIM–Sirius Innovation Programme 3.0
- Along with it, it has been as 1st Indo-Russian bilateral youth innovation initiative and it aims to develop technological solutions, both web-based and mobile-based.
- The programme will begin on 7th November 2020 and will end on 21st November 2020.
- 48 students and 16 educators and mentors are to make eight virtual products and mobile applications during the event.
- The programme will cover culture, distance education, applied cognitive science, health and well-being, sports, fitness, and games training, chemistry, artificial intelligence, and digital financial assets.
Kerala brings Parivarthanam scheme for Fishing Community
Kerala State Govt has begun a new scheme named Parivarthanam. The main aim of Parivarthanam scheme is to make the livelihood of the fishing community improved.
- Parivarthanam means change. Kerala State Coastal Area Development Corporation (KSCADC) will look all work for improving the livelihood of the fishing community.
- It will help in improving the livelihood skills of youngsters and will get socio-economic uplift.
- As well as, fish-catchers will get a fixed price as fair compensation.
- It will create more jobs to college dropouts and migrant workforce who came back due to Corona.
Joe Biden as 46th President of the USA
Joe Biden has become the 46th president of the United States after defeating President Donald Trump
- Joe Biden is associated with the Democratic Party in the United States and there are two political parties and second is the Republican Party.
- Full name is Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. and prior to this, he has served as Vice President during Barack Obama govt from 2009 to 2017.
- Joe won 284 electoral votes. however, Trump could get 214 votes. Joe Biden is 77 years old and as the oldest president-elect in U.S. history.
Gyanendro Ningombam as Hockey India President
On 6th November 2020, The Hockey India Executive Board has announced to appoint Gyanendro Ningombam as its new President of Hockey India.
- Ningombam becomes the 1st man who is appointed as President from Northeast side of India and has received the top post of India’s national hockey team.
- Before it, he was serving as the officiating president of Hockey India after the Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad resignation. Mushtaque resigned from the pose on 7th July 2020.
- Along with it, he has served as the senior vice-president of Hockey India and also served as vice-president of the Manipur hockey team. later, he became CEO of the Manipur state hockey team.
Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha as new Chief Information Commissioner
07th November 2020, Shri Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha has taken an oath and becomes new Chief Information Commissioner (CIC). The Indian President Ram Nath Kovind administered him the oath.
- On 26th August 2020, Bimal Julka got retired from the post and then the post was vacant.
- Sinha will serve as new CIC for a period of three years.
- three more Information Commissioners also took the oath and their appointments were done by newly appointed CIC.
Three new IC:
- Heeralal Samariya – He is an Ex-IAS officer and has served as Secretary in Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- Saroj Punhani – an IA&AS officer. she served for the post of Deputy Comptroller & Auditor General (HR & Training).
- Uday Mahurkar – he is known as a veteran journalist and served as Senior Deputy Editor with a leading media house.
International Day of Radiology 2020
The day of 8th November is observed as International Day of Radiology (IDoR) across the world. the main purpose of this day is to boost the role of medical imaging in modern healthcare.
- The day also commemorates Wilhelm Roentgen who discovered x-rays in the year 1895. In 2012, it was observed for the first time.
International Day of Radiology Theme 2020
- Radiologists and radiographers supporting patients during COVID-19