Today Top Current Affairs 7 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 7th October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
START TEST: Daily Current Affairs Quiz 7th October 2021
Alibaug white onion from Maharashtra gets GI tag
On 29th September 2021, The famous Alibaug white onion from Maharashtra’s Raigad district has received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag
- The Alibaug taluka has received worldwide recognition for the white onion for its unique sweet taste, no-tears factor, as well as its medicinal properties.
Centre approves 7 Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel (PM MITRA पीएम मित्र) Parks
The Indian govt has given its approval to set up 7 PM MITRA (पीएम मित्र) parks. this move will help in building an Aatmanirbhar Bharat and positioning India strongly on the Global textiles map.
- The govt will spend a total outlay of Rs. 4,445 crore in a period of 5 years.
- PM MITRA(पीएम मित्र) will provide an opportunity to create an integrated textiles value chain right from spinning, weaving, processing/dyeing and printing to garment manufacturing at one location.
- Also, PM MITRA (पीएम मित्र) play a role in developing 50% Area for pure Manufacturing Activity, 20% area for utilities, and 10% of the area for commercial development.
SBI launches NAV-eCash Card for Indian Navy onboard INS Vikramaditya
State Bank of India (SBI) has launched the lender’s NAV-eCash card onboard the country’s largest Naval Aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya in collaboration with the Indian Navy.
- NAV-eCash card will be an important milestone for digital payment solution and the bank’s commitment towards the Centre’s vision of Digital India and a shift towards less-cash economy.
- It will help in removing the difficulties faced by personnel onboard in handling physical cash during deployment of the ship at high seas.
- NAV-eCash Card will roll in changing the payment ecosystem.
Professor Eric Hanushek and Dr Rukmini Banerji won 2021 Yidan Prize
Professor Eric A. Hanushek and Dr Rukmini Banerji have been honored with the world’s highest education accolade, the 2021 Yidan Prize.
- The Yidan Prize Foundation, Hong Kong has presented the coveted award for “contributions to education research and development”.
- The award includes prize money of $3.90 million (around Rs 28 crore), for each winner.
Benjamin List and David WC MacMillan wins 2021 Nobel Prize in Chemistry
Benjamin List and David W.C. MacMillan have received the 2021 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for the development of asymmetric organocatalysis.
- Both have developed a precise new tool for molecular construction. Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden has awarded The Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- The prize includes a gold medal and prize money of 10 million Swedish kronor.
Ramayan’s Ravan, actor Arvind Trivedi, dies at 82 due to a heart attack
The Noted actor Arvind Trivedi has passed away at the age of 82 due to a heart attack. he was suffering from age-related illnesses. Trivedi played the role of Ravan in Ramanand Sagar’s 1987 iconic TV series Ramayan
- Apart from this, Trivedi has acted in Gujarati films like Desh Re Joya Dada Pardesh Joya (1998), Kunwarbai Nu Mamerun (1974), Santu Rangili (1976). He also did a few Hindi films like Jangal Mein Mangal (1972) and Aaj Ki Taaza Khabar (1973) and so on.
- He was served as a Member of Parliament from Sabarkatha constituency in 1991.
German-American Day 2021
The day of 6th October is celebrated in the United States to commemorate the founding of Germantown, Pennsylvania. on this day, it was founded in 1683.
- It marks the history of friendship with Germany as the United States German descendants contributed to its culture and history.
World Cotton Day 2021
World Cotton Day (WCD) is observed on 7th October every year to provide an opportunity to recognize the importance of cotton worldwide. this day was recognized by WHO.
- The main purpose of celebrating World Cotton Day (WCD) is to raise awareness about cotton across the world.
- It also marks its role in generating employment and maintaining economic stability in least-developed countries (LDCs).
- The theme of World Cotton Day 2021 is “Cotton for Good”.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|
|Join Prepare Exams on Youtube|