Today Top Current Affairs 7 November 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 7 November 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
The social legend WhatsApp has initiated its Payment feature- United Payments Interface (UPI)-for all its users in India. NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) has provided its approval to WhatsApp Inc.
- WhatsApp will provide UPI userbase in nearly 10 Indian regional languages. a user will need to have a debit card with a bank that must be supportable with UPI.
- Users will get these new features in the latest version of WhatsApp. WhatsApp received NPCI’s Nods in order to facilitate its payments feature through the Unified Payments Interface.
- WhatsApp will offer UPI services with five Indian banks- State Bank of India, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and Jio Payments Bank.
On 5th November 2020, Indian PM Modi headed the Virtual Global Investor Roundtable (VGIR) 2020 Conference. the main objective of this was to attract investment in India.
- Also, discussions were made on the economic and investment outlook, structural reforms and government’s vision to reach $5 trillion economies was also the part of the conference.
- The Finance Ministry conducted Virtual Global Investor Roundtable (VGIR) with the help of the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund.
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has taken a decision in order to extend the Foreign investment limits for Mutual Fund companies.
- with the new decision, Mutual Funds will be able to make investments to 600 million dollars per Mutual Fund. prior to this, SEBI set the limit to USD 300 million.
- Mutual Funds will be able to do investments in overseas Exchange Traded Fund (ETF(s)) to 200 million dollars per Mutual Fund. however, before it, it was set at 50 million dollars by SEBI.
Static Gk Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) –
Founded – 12 April 1992
Headquarters – Mumbai
Chairperson – Ajay Tyagi
The iconic and superhero of India Chacha Chaudhary is chosen as the brand ambassador for the centrally-sponsored Namami Gange Programme.
- Diamond Toons has released the comic books which highlight Chacha Chaudhary and along with it, Diamond Toons is also going to release new ‘Talking Comics’.
- Chacha Chaudhary will create awareness on the cultural and spiritual importance of River Ganga and use the best possible experience across the masses for Ganga rejuvenation.
Dilip Rath has been selected to the Board of International Dairy Federation (IDF) on 04 November 2020. Dilip Rath is serving as the Chairman of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB).
- International Dairy Federation (IDF) functions the global dairy sector and it has the responsibility to make the best scientific expertise ensure for dairy products.
Static Gk National Dairy Development Board –
Founded – 16 July 1965
Headquarters – Anand
Key person – Amrita Patel
Indian citizens observe National Cancer Awareness Day on 7th November every year. it aims to spread awareness about the prevention and early detection of cancer.
- In the year 2014, this was the first time when the day was observed and this day also commemorates renowned scientist Marie Curie’s birth anniversary.