Today Top Current Affairs 6 March 2021
Daily Current Affairs 6 March 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 6 March 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
India observed Chabahar Day on 4th March
On 4th March 2021, Indians have observed the ‘Chabahar Day’ on the sidelines of the Maritime India Summit-2021.
- The Port will help India to boost its involvement in the Chabahar Port, which is New Delhi’s key gateway to Afghanistan.
- It provides connectivity among India, Iran, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan and other Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries, and boost trade.
Maritime India Summit-2021:
- Ministers of Russia, Afghanistan, Armenia, Iran, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan countries became part of the summit.
NPCI launched RuPay SoftPoS for Merchants with SBI Payments
National Payments Corporation of India, the umbrella entity for digital payments in India, and SBI Payments have partnered to launch “RuPay SoftPoS”.
What is “RuPay SoftPoS”:
- It will provide a seamless, cost-effective acceptance infrastructure to retailers at a nominal cost.
- it will also play a role in boosting digital payment acceptance among millions of underserved Indian MSMEs.
- It will also help Merchants to use near-field communication (NFC)-enabled smartphones as the point of sale (PoS) terminals in order to receive payment up to Rs 5,000 using a simple tap and via pay mechanism.
About NPCI –
Headquarters location: Mumbai
About SBI Payments –
CEO: Ashwini Kumar Tewari
Indian Women’s Trap Team won silver at ISSF Shotgun World Cup
The Trap team Indian Women’s have won a silver medal at International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup Shotgun 2021, in Cairo, Egypt. the team includes Kirti Gupta, Manisha Keer and Rajeshwari Kumari players.
- The team was defeated by 4-6 to Russia on the concluding day of the ISSF World Cup in Cairo.
2nd Edition of Khelo India Winter Games
In the 2nd edition of Khelo India Winter National Games, Jammu and Kashmir have got first place in the term of medals tally.
- the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports made all kind of arrangements for organizing the sports event with the help of the J&K Sports Council and the Winter Games Association of Jammu and Kashmir.
- J&K (UT) received 11 golds, 18 silver and 5 bronze medals.
- Followed by Karnataka (5 Gold and 4 Bronze Medals) and Maharashtra got 3 Gold, 3 Silver and 2 Bronze medals.
- The mega sports event was conducted between 26 February 2021 and 02 March 2021 and was held at the famous ski resort of Gulmarg in the Baramulla district of north Kashmir.