Today Top Current Affairs 5 May & 6 May 2022 – Top 10 GK Current Affairs PDF for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Read Top Current Affairs of the day: 05 and 06 May 2022
GST revenue of April 2022: All-time high Rs 1.68 lakh crores
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) revenue collection in India touched an all-time high of Rs 1.68 lakh crore in April 2022, was up 20 per cent from the year-ago period. it is an all-time high and Rs 25,000 crore more than the previous highest collection of Rs 1.42 lakh crores.
- In March 2022, the Indian Govt collected Rs 1.42 lakh crore as Goods and services tax (GST).
- The gross GST revenue has been collected by the Centre in April 2022 is Rs 1,67,540 crore.
- In which, Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) is Rs 33,159 crore,
- State Goods and Services Tax (SGST) Rs 41,793 crore,
India chosen as the Country of Honour for the Marché du Film 2022
India has been chosen as the Country of Honour for the Marché du Film 2022, As the Festival de Cannes is celebrating its 75th anniversary and has become the first country chosen for the honour.
National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) Bengaluru campus
Amit Shah has inaugurated the National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) campus in Bengaluru to help in stopping modern-day crimes and have the upper hand against any threats.
- NATGRID will be available to 11 central agencies and police across the country.
- Intelligence and legal agencies will be able to make full use of them with the barriers to critical data being removed.
- It will be a paradigm shift in the current way of working of agencies
Rajasthan becomes the First 10 GW Solar State
As per Mercom’s India Solar Project Tracker, Rajasthan has turned out the first state in India to reach 10 GW of cumulative large-scale solar installations with a total installed power capacity of 32.5 GW, with renewables accounting for 55 per cent, thermal energy for 43 per cent, and nuclear energy accounting for the remaining 2%.
- Rajasthan is having more than 16 GW of solar projects under development.
- State-owned THDC India has signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) with Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation Limited in order to build 10 GW solar power projects.
CM Nitish Kumar inaugurated India’s first ethanol plant in Purnia
Chief Minister of Bihar Nitish Kumar has inaugurated India’s first ethanol plant in Purnia district, Bihar and the state came up with an ethanol production promotion policy in the first half of 2021. State Industries Minister Shahnawaz Hussain was also present on the occasion.
- India’s first ethanol plant is the first grain-based ethanol plant.
- Eastern India Biofuels Private Limited has established the plant on around 15 acres of land and the outlay was Rs 105 crores.
- Bihar will become one of the leading ethanol producers in the country.
Haryana Govt to build a stadium in Neeraj Chopra’s hometown
A stadium will be built in Olympic gold-medallist Neeraj Chopra’s native village in Panipat, announced by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
- The State govt will spend Rs 10 crores to build a stadium in Neeraj Chopra’s village.
- Neeraj Chopra was the first Indian to win a gold medal in the Olympic track and field.
DD National Pet Show ‘Best Friend Forever’ won ENBA Award 2021
Doordarshan has received the best in-depth Hindi series award 2022 for a pet show called ‘Best Friends Forever’ at the Exchange4media News Broadcasting Awards (ENBA).
- ‘Best Friend Forever’ show is telecasted every Sunday at 7 pm and is also available on the YouTube channel of DD National.
Nand Mulchandani named as 1st-ever chief tech officer of CIA
Nand Mulchandani has been elected as the first-ever Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). it is the 1st line of defence for the United States.
- Nand Mulchandani served as the CTO and acting director of the Joint Artificial Intelligence Centre under the US Department of Defence.
- He also has served as the CEO of multiple successful startups such as Oblix (acquired by Oracle), Determina, OpenDNS, and ScaleXtreme.
- Along with it, Mulchandani has served as the CTO and acting director of the US Department of Defense’s Joint Artificial Intelligence Center before his appointment at the CIA.
JAIN University won Khelo India University Games 2021
JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) has won the 2nd edition of the Khelo India University Games 2021 and received 20 gold, 7 silver and 5 bronze medals.
- followed by Lovely Professional University (LPU) and Punjab University placed 2nd and 3rd positions with 17 golds and 15 gold medals respectively.
- Siva Sridhar becomes the star swimmer by winning 11 gold.
- the 2nd edition of the Khelo India University Games 2021 (KIUG) was held at Sri Kanteerava Outdoor Stadium, Bengaluru.
- the mascot of KIUG 2021 was Veera.
Ronnie O’Sullivan won World Snooker Championship Title 2022
England’s Ronnie O’Sullivan won the 2022 World Snooker Championship and in the final, Ronnie beat Judd Trump (England) by 18-13 points.
- the 2022 World Snooker Championship was held from April 16 to May 2, 2022 at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield, England and was organised by the World Snooker Tour and sponsored by sports betting company Betfred.
- The Total prize money of the 2022 World Snooker Championship is 2,395,000 Euros and the Winner will receive a share of 500,000 Euros.
Dhanush Srikanth Wins Gold In 10m Air Rifle Event
Dhanush Srikanth bagged a gold medal by shooting 247.5 in the men’s 10m Air Rifle event, at the 24th Deaflympics in Brazil. while Shourya Shaini has won a bronze medal by shooting 224.3 in the men’s 10m Air Rifle event, at the 24th Deaflympics in Brazil.
Kerala won the seventh Santosh Trophy title, defeated West Bengal
Kerala won the 75th Santosh Trophy 2022 and beat West Bengal 5-4 in the penalty shootout. the 75th Santosh Trophy 2022 final was played at the Manjeri Stadium in Malappuram, Kerala.
- Kerala has received the Santosh Trophy tournament two times in 1973-74 and 1992-93.
- It is Kerala’s third win in a Santosh Trophy tournament on home soil.
- Kerala captain Jijo Joseph was selected as the player of the match.
Harshada Sharad wins India’s first-ever gold medal in Junior Weightlifting World Championships
Harshada Sharad Garud won India’s first gold medal with a total effort of 153kg (70kg+83kg) in the women’s 45kg weightlifting category at the IWF Junior World Championships in Greece.
- Followed by, Turkey’s Bektas Cansu (85kg) won the silver medal with an overall effort of 150kg (65kg+85 kg).
- Mirabai Chanu received a bronze in 2013 and Achinta Sheuli won a silver medal at the junior world event previously.
Tokyo Olympian discus thrower Kamalpreet Kaur provisionally suspended after testing positive for banned drug
India’s star Olympian, Kamalpreet Kaur has been provisionally suspended by the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) after testing positive for a banned drug. she reached the finals of the women’s discus throw event at the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
- Kamalpreet Kaur breached the World Athletics Anti-Doping Rules due to the Presence/Use of a Prohibited Substance (Stanozolol).
- She became the first Indian to breach the 65m-mark in the discus throw.
- She also finished a commendable sixth in the women’s discus throw final at the Tokyo Olympics 2020 with a best throw of 63.70m.
World Press Freedom Index 2022: India at 150th
As per the index by Paris-based Reporters Without Borders (RSF), India has been placed at the 150th position on the World Press Freedom Index 2022. the World Press Freedom Day 2022 index assesses the level of freedom available to the media in 180 countries and territories. 20th World Press Freedom Index 2022 was released by Reporters Without Borders (RSF).
- Norway has topped the World Press Freedom Index 2022 with a score of 92.65. followed by Denmark and Sweden got the 2nd and 3rd place with global scores of 90.27 and 88.84 respectively.
- India’s ranking has dropped to the 150th position compared to the last year’s 142nd rank.
Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2022: India at 4th
The Times Higher Education (THE) released the 2022 edition of its Impact Rankings. THE World University Rankings publisher ranked 1,524 universities from 110 countries/regions on work towards the UN’s SDGs across 18 tables – an overall ranking and one for each of the 17 SDGs.
- Western Sydney University (Australia) has topped and followed by Arizona State University (The US), Western University (Canada) are at 2nd and 3rd place.
- India has ranked 4th and 8 Indian Universities are placed in the top 300 universities in the world.
Chainalysis 2021 Cryptocurrency Gains by Country: India at 21st
Crypto analytics firm Chainalysis has released the report, as per the data, investors around the world realized total Crypto gains of $162.7 billion in 2021, compared to $32.5 billion in 2020.
- It also highlights Ethereum edged out Bitcoin in total realized gains globally at $76.3 billion to $74.7 billion.
- The United States has topped with an estimated $47 billion in realized cryptocurrency gains.
- Followed by the UK, Germany, Japan, and China have been positioned at 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place respectively.
- India has ranked 21st with realized gains of around $1.85 billion.
World Portuguese Day 2022
Every year, World Portuguese Language Day is observed on May 5th across the world to mark the important role this language plays in maintaining human civilization and culture.
- Portuguese Language is one of the world’s most spoken and widespread languages and s also the most widely spoken language in the Southern hemisphere.
World Hand Hygiene Day 2022
World Hand Hygiene Day is observed on May 5th every year by the World Health Organization (WHO) in the world.
- the main purpose of this day is to create awareness among people across the globe about the importance of hand hygiene in warding off many serious infections.
- it also highlights hand washing as the most effective action that can help us avoid a huge range of infections including the COVID-19 virus.
- The World Hand Hygiene Day Theme 2022 is Unite for safety: clean your hands.
International No Diet Day 2022
“International No Diet Day” is observed on May 6th across the world. This day promotes a healthy lifestyle with a focus on health at any size and it also creates awareness of the potential dangers of dieting and the unlikelihood of success.
- It aims to make people aware of body acceptance, leaving aside behaviour such as body-shaming, which includes people of all shapes and sizes.
Coal Miners Day 2022
Coal Miners Day is observed on 4th May every year to honour the coal miners. this day aims to recognize the hard work of unsung heroes of the Industrial Revolution.
- it also highlights appreciation for the coal miners and offers honour for their accomplishments.
- In 1575, one George Bruce of Carnock, Scotland opened the first-ever coal mine. in 1774, India got its first coal mine. the East India Company exploited the Raniganj coalfield which is situated in the Asansol and Durgapur region.
Daily Current Affairs 5th and 6th May 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.