Today Top Current Affairs 5 February 2021
Daily Current Affairs 5 February 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 5 February 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
Punjab launched Har Ghar Pani Har Ghar Safai mission
The Captain Amarinder Singh (PUNJAB CM), has launched the ‘Har Ghar Pani, Har Ghar Safai’ mission virtually. the World Bank, Jal Jeewan Mission of GoI, NABARD are providing funds for this scheme.
- The aim of this mission is to achieve the target of 100% potable piped water supply in all rural households by March 2022.
- The scheme will benefit more than 1.6 lakh residents from 155 villages in Amritsar, Tarn Taran, and Gurdaspur districts by helping replace groundwater with surface water supply for drinking, besides resolving the problem of arsenic affected habitations
India and US Joint Military Exercise – Yudh-Abhyas
India is participating in 16th joint military exercise “Yudh Abhyas” with the US in Rajasthan. the “Yudh Abhyas” exercise will begin on 8th February 2021 and will run till 21st February 2021.
- it will be conducted near the border between India and Pakistan.
- It aims to strengthen the cooperation and interoperability between the Indian and American forces.
- It will also help in making best practices for counter-terrorism operations with the United Nations.
Ashok Dinda announced retirement from cricket
Indian bowler Ashok Dinda has decided to take retirement from all forms of cricket.
- During his international, he begged 12 and 17 wickets in 13 ODIs and 9 T20s for India respectively.
- In his domestic career, he took 420 first-class wickets.
- He debuted for Bengal in 2005 and played for 15 years in Bengal cricket.
- At an international level, he played his 1st T20I game against Sri Lanka and debuted ODI career against Zimbabwe in 2010.
Democracy Index 2020 by EIU
The “Democracy in Disease and Health?” and Democracy Index 2020 has been released by Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
- As per the Index, Norway has topped with 9.81 scores and followed by Iceland and Sweden has got the 2nd and 3rd place with 9.37 and 9.26 respectively.
- India ranks at 53rd position in the Democracy Index 2020. in the last year, India was at 51st place. Sri Lanka is at 68th.
Top 5 Countries in Democracy Index 2020