Today Top Current Affairs 5 & 6 December 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Today Top Current Affairs 5 & 6 December 2020 includes top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
2nd Cancer Genome Atlas 2020 Conference
On 4th Dec 2020, The Science and Technology Minister and CSIR Harsh Vardhan have commenced the second Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) 2020 conference. the conference was held in New Delhi.
- The main focus was to pay attention to important issues of uniformity and integrity of specimens signifying various parts of the country and make the Indian Cancer Genomics Atlas (ICGA) beneficial for clinicians in the nation.
- Indian Govt is looking for a way so that cancer treatment could be made accessible and affordable.
- The Govt of India has reviewed different large-scale mission mode projects. the projects include Genome India, IndiGene Nutrition Mission and so on.
RBI commenced Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) and Marginal Standing Facility (MSF)
The RBI (Reserve Bank of India) has permitted the Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) for taking Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) and Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) in order to make a better for liquidity management.
The RRBs will be included for the scheme
- Core Banking Solution (CBS) Implementation.
- At least 9% CRAR.
- compliant consist of terms and conditions.
RBI keeps Monetary Policy and Rates unchanged
The RBI has taken a decision to make no changes in the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) for December policy. at present, the repo rate is at 4 per cent. On the other hand, RBI sets Reverse Repo rate at 3.35 per cent and the Marginal Standing Facility and Bank Rate ( 4.25 per cent ) are the same. there are no changes here.
- The RBI take these steps in order to revive GDP and mitigate the impact of the Corona Virus. it also purposes to ensure inflation.
- This step will help in maintaining capital among banks and NBFCs and will make a strengthen regulatory supervision, facilitating with external trade and payment system services.
- As well as, Regional Rural Banks have been permitted to use Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) and Marginal Standing Facility.
About Reserve Bank of India –
Governor – Shaktikanta Das
Bank rate – 4.00%
Headquarters – Mumbai
Founded Date – 1 April 1935
China launched an Earth observation satellite
On 6th Dec 2020, The Indian neighbour country China has launched a new Earth observation satellite successfully. it was sent from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in Sichuan province.
- The launch was completed at 11.58 a.m on Sunday.
- Gaofen-14 satellite is placed into orbit by a Long March-3B carrier rocket.
- This was the 354th mission of the Long March rocket series by China country.
Lakshadweep Administrator Dineshwar Sharma dies
On 4th Dec 2020, The Lakshadweep administrator Shri Dineshwar Sharma Ji has taken his last breath at the age of 66. he was suffering from lung-related complications. he has played an important role in supporting India’s policing and security apparatus.
Who was Dineshwar Sharma –
- Dineshwar Sharma was an IPS officer of 1976 batch. he hailed from the Kerala cadre.
- he has served as a former director of the Intelligence Bureau (IB).
- During his career, he was elected as Lakshadweep administrator in October 2019.
- prior to this, he served as govt’s representative for peace talks in the year 2017.
- He played a role in managing sensitive counter-terror and insurgency operations.
- He achieved Indian Police Medal for meritorious service in the year 1997 and later, he was honoured with President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service.
Corey Anderson retired from international cricket
The all-rounder player from New Zealand Corey Anderson has decided to take retirement from international cricket. Anderson has hit fastest 100 in just 36-balls in ODI against West Indies in January 2014.
- But, in January 2015, The South African Batsman AB de Villiers broke this record, he hit fastest ODI century in only balls against the West Indies in Johannesburg.
Anderson In Cricket –
Corey Anderson Age –
- He is 29 years old.
What will Anderson do after retirement –
- He recently signed a contract with Major League Cricket (MLC) the USA for a period of three years. he will play role in Major and Minor League Cricket and coaching ventures under the MLC.
International Volunteer Day on 5th Dec
People observe International Volunteer Day annually across the world. This day is celebrated for Economic and Social Development which is also known as International Volunteer Day (IVD).
- This day aims to create opportunities for boosting organizations’ contribution in order to develop at the local and national and also at international levels.
World Soil Day on 5 Dec
The day of 5th Dec is observed as World Soil Day in Each and Every year. The main purpose of this day is to pay attention to growing challenges for soil management, label the loss of soil biodiversity and as well as to create soil awareness among governments, organizations, communities and individuals regarding soil challenges.
World Soil Day Theme 2020 –
- “Keep soil alive, protect soil biodiversity”.