Today Top Current Affairs 31 December 2020
Daily Current Affairs 31 December 2020: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 31 December 2020 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
Harsh Vardhan unveiled the highest meteorological centre of India
On 29th December 2020, Dr Harsh Vardhan has made inauguration of the meteorological centre (MC) of the India Meteorological Department at Leh in Ladakh through a video conference.
- it aims to offer localised weather forecasts in the region and its results will be used for strengthening weather-related early warning system for the region.
- It is the 2nd meteorological centre (Leh). prior to this, the first meteorological centre is located in Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh.
- It is situated at a height of 3,500 metres due to this reason, this MC is called as the highest meteorological centre in India.
Cabinet approved Akash Missile System Exportation
The Union Cabinet has decided to accept the proposal to export indigenously-developed Akash Missile System. the Cabinet was headed by PM Modi.
- Along with it, the Cabinet plans to establish a committee that will make faster approvals of exports.
- The Akash’s export version is separate from installed with Indian Armed Forces.
- The range of Akash Missile is 25 Kms and it is a short-range Surface to Air Missile.
- In IAF, it was adopted in the year 2014 and in 2015, Indian Army inducted Akash.
Vistadome coach finishes its 180 Kmph speed trial
The Indian Railways has finished a target to achieve the 180 km per hour speed with the help of newly made design Vistadome tourist coaches.
- The Integral Coach Factory has manufactured luxurious tourists coaches and it is based in Chennai.
- These Vistadome coaches will play a role in boosting tourism
- At present, there are 13 Vistadome coaches which are being operated on select routes. the list is here Nilgiri Mountain Railway line, Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Kalka-Shimla Railway, Kangra Valley Railway, Matheran Hill Railway, between Dadar in Mumbai and Madgoan in Araku Valley as well as in the Kashmir Valley.
ICICI Bank to issue FASTag with Google Pay
In order to issue FASTag to users digitally, The ICICI Bank has shaken hands with Google Pay.
- As per the partnership, The users will be able to order, track, and recharge ICICI Bank FASTag digitally using the UPI on Google Pay.
- ICICI has become the 1st bank who partners with Google Pay for distributing FASTags.
- The main purpose of the initiative is to make users safety ensure such as visiting the merchants, going to toll locations to buy a FASTag.
Niranjan Banodkar as YES Bank’s CFO
The Yes Bank has decided to appoint Niranjan Banodkar as its new Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Niranjan will take place of Anurag Adlakha. Anurag Adlakha is chosen as the new Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO).
- Their appointments will come into effect on 1st January 2021.
- Prior to this, Niranjan has been serving with Yes Bank since April 2006.
Harsh Vardhan is nominated to GAVI Board
Harsh Vardhan is nominated for the board member of the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation (GAVI).
- He will serve the South East Area Regional Office (SEARO)/ Western Pacific Regional Office (WPRO) constituency.
- he will serve till 31st December 2023.
“In Pursuit of Justice: An Autobiography”
On 29th Dec 2020, “In Pursuit of Justice: An Autobiography” has been published on the occasion of Rajindar Sachar’s birth anniversary.
- It highlights a story of a great jurist who was an even a greater human being, as he delivered a lot to the society and did not allow politics to affect his judgements.