Today Top Current Affairs 30 June 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 30 June 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 30 June 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 30 June 2020.
59 Chinese Apps Banned By India
- On 29th June 2020, The Indian Govt has taken a big decision to ban 59 Chinese apps including TikTok, WeChat and UC Browser. The center took decision amid huge economic backlash against China. Indian ntelligence agencies also suggested that the apps must be banned that are violating the terms of usage, compromising users privacy, and being used as spyware or malware. Read List Full Banned Apps
“Sankalp Parva” to plant trees
- In order to enhance the Herbal Wealth of India and support the clean and healthy environment, The Union Ministry of Culture starts celebrations for two weeks long Sankalp Parva which will begin from 28th June and end on 12th July 2020. under this, the Subordinate Offices, Academies, Attached Institutions, Affiliated Institutions of the ministry are going to plant trees in their campuses. Read Full News
India and Bhutan : venture hydroelectric project for 600 MW Kholongchhu
- The Bhutan govt and Kholongchhu Hydro Energy Limited and signed an agreement for 600 MegaWatt (MW) Kholongchhu hydroelectric Project. the Dr. S Jaishankar was also present. it is expected that hydroelectric Project will be completed till 2025.
- Kholongchhu Hydro Energy limited is going to implement it in the collaboration of Drunk Green power Corporation(DGPC) of Bhutan and Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited(SJVNL) of India.
About Bhutan –
Capital – Thimphu
Prime minister – Lotay Tshering
Currency – Ngultrum (BTN)
About Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited(SJVNL) of India –
Chairman cum Managing Director – Nand Lal Sharma
J&K and Uttarakhand : Centre govt issues Additional Rs 1691 crore For Road Construction
- In order to a major development, The centre govt has issued an additional Rs 1691 crore amount that will be used in the construction of highways by the Border Roads Organization (BRO) in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) and Uttarakhand. centre keeps in mind in the wake of clashes with China in Ladakh as a result, this is a movement to make road construction strong for activities.
- Out of 1691 Crore, 1351 crore is issued for for the construction of roads in the border areas of Jammu and Kashmir. however, 340 crore rupees has been provided for road-building in Uttarakhand state.
About Border Roads Organisation (BRO) –
Headquarters – New Delhi
Director General – Lt. Gen.Harpal Singh
Founder – Jawaharlal Nehru
Founded – 7 May 1960
First Lichen Park in India, for Conservation Jurassic Era Plant in Munsiyar Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand Forest Department developes the first Lichen Park of India in Munsyari, Pithoragarh district. Lichen Park will be as research centre that will have more than 150 Lichen species. the inauguration of Jurassic Era plant was held on 27 June 2020.
About Uttarakhand –
Chief Minister– Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor– Baby Rani Maurya
State Mammal – Alpine Musk Deer
State Bird – Himalayan Monal
State Flower – Brahma Kamal
State Fruit – Kaphal
State Tree – Burans
State Sweet – Bal Mithai
State River – Ganges
State Sport – Football
G20 Extraordinary Virtual Education Ministers’ Meeting
- The Minister of Human Resource Development Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ bacame the part of the G20 Extraordinary Virtual Education Ministers’ Meeting. the meeting aimed to discuss about COVID-19 pandemic effects on the education sector.
- Apart from this, the meeting focued about that nations who has successfully dealed with COVID-19. In addition, HRD ministry will start off Prime Minister eVIDYA programme soon.
Gujarat : At One Click Initiative
- On 26th June 2020, The Gujarat Chief Minister shri Vijay Rupani ji has started off an online aid initiative named as ‘At One Click’. apart from this, Rs 1,369 crore has been sanctioned by state govt that will help to almost 13000 Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) in the state.
- The initiative was started from sending Rs 601 crore aids to industrial units and total amount 768 crore rupees has been sent to 12,247 MSME units.
About Gujarat –
Capital – Gandhinagar
Chief minister – Vijay Rupani
Governor – Acharya Devvrat
State Language – Gujarati
State Song – “Jai Jai Garavi Gujarat” by Narmad
State Mammal – Asiatic lion
State Bird – Greater flamingo
State Flower – Marigold (galgota)
State Fruit – Mango
State Tree – Banyan
Battery Swapping Facility Quick Interchange Service
- In Chandigarh, The Punjab state Governor and Administrator Shri V P Singh Badnore has introduced Battery Swapping Facility Quick Interchange Service(QIS) in the collaboration of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan.
- In order to set up of Energy infrastructure for Electric vehicles through Battery Swapping model, IOCL goes for an agreement with Sun Mobility pri. ltd.
About IOCL –
Chairperson – Sanjiv Singh
Headquarters – New Delhi
About Sun Mobility Private Limited –
Co-Founder & Vice Chairman – Chetan Maini
COO – Ajay Goel
About Punjab –
Capital – Chandigarh
Chief minister -Amarinder Singh
Governor – V. P. Singh Badnore
illegal wildlife trade Report, by FATF’s
- The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has released its report on illegal wildlife trade (IWT) with headline “Money Laundering and the Illegal Wildlife Trade”. this is the first time when FATF released report. as per report, illegal wildlife trade has been considered as global threat that generates around $7to $23 billion revenues every year.
About FATF –
Headquarters – Paris, France
President – Xiangmin Liu
Purpose – Combat money laundering and terrorism financing
Founded – 1989
OECD’s Global Forum : India comes in top-3 partners of Switzerland for info exchange on tax
- As per latest OECD’s (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development) Global Forum‘s study, India has been named in top most three coutries of Switzerland after France and Germany. India is receiving detailed information about bank accounts on request from Switzerland.
- OECD’s has also reviewed India as ‘largely compliant’.
About OECD Global Forum –
Head – Ms Zayda Manatta from Brazil.
Location– Paris, France
About Switzerland –
Currency– Swiss Franc
Largest city – Zürich
NASA Washington HQ changes its name after Mary Jackson
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) headquarter building has been given a new name after Mary Winston Jackson. NASA HQ building is situated in Washington D.C USA. on 24th June 2020, Administrator Mr Jim Bridestone announced about it.
About Mary W Jackson –
- Jackson was a research Mathematician and was appointed as the first black female engineer.
About NASA –
Headquarters – Washington
Founder – Dwight D. Eisenhower
Founded – 1 October 1958
Administered by – Jim Bridenstine
WB gives financial Support for Ganga rejuvenation with $400 mn
- The WB (World bank) has decided to enhance its financial support to India’s programme with $400 million. India’s programm aims to rejuvenate the Ganga and Program will be given support through Second National Ganga River Basin Project (SNGRBP).
- Under second national Ganga river basin Project, spillovers of Ganga-I has been included and also includes new projects on tributaries such as yamuna and Kali.
About World Bank –
Headquarters – Washington
Membership – 189 countries (IBRD), 173 countries (IDA)
Founded – July 1944
Founders – John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White
Humanitarian Award to Popstar Beyonce at the virtual 20th edition of BET Awards 2020
- The 38 years old Popstar Beyonce is going to be honoured with the Humanitarian Award during 20th edition of annual BET Awards 2020. Beyonce has contributed for long standing philanthropic work. it also includes COVID-19 relief efforts. also, she has been 24-time Grammy winner.
- The 20th edition event will take place on 28th June 2020. others two personalities will also be honoured with awards they are : basketball legend Kobe Bryant & Little Richard.
Micheal Martin as new PM of Ireland
- Mr Micheal Martin has been chosen as new PM (Prime Minister) for Ireland Country. the lower house of the Irish parliament chose Micheal as PM.
- To become PM, Micheal Martin won elections by getting 93 votes, however, 63 votes were against him. he has been serving as the leader of the Fianna Fáil party since 2011. Read Full News
Lazarus Chakwera takes Sworn as New Malawi’s President
- After winning President Elections in Malawi, On 28th June 2020, Mr Lazarus Chakwera has taken sworn as new President of Malawi country. he becomes 6th President for Malawi. he received 58.57 per cent in his favour.
About Lazarus Chakwera –
- Lazarus Chakwera was born in Lilongwe and he has served as Head of Malawi Congress Party(MCP).
About Malawi –
President – Lazarus Chakwera
Capital – Lilongwe
Currency – Malawian kwacha
Vice-President – Saulos Chilima
Anandiben Patel assumes additional charges as Governor of Madhya Pradesh (MP)
- The Indian President has given MP’s additional charges to UP governor Anandiben Mafatbhai Patel.
- Becaues, Madhya Pradesh Governor Shri Lal Ji Tandon is taking treatment in Lucknow. that’s why, Anandiben Patel is given an additional charges as Madhya Pradesh’s Governor.
About Uttar Pradesh –
Governor– Anandiben Mafatbhai Patel
Chief Minister– Yogi Adityanath
Deputy Chief Ministers – Keshav Prasad Maurya, Dinesh Sharma
Chief Secretary – Rajendra Kumar Tiwari
State animal – Swamp deer
State bird – Sarus crane
State tree – Ashoka
State flower -Palash
State dance – Kathak
State sport – hockey
About Madhya Pradesh –
Chief Minister– Shivraj Singh Chauhan
Governor – Lalji Tandon
State Dance – Maanch
State Mammal – Swamp deer
State Bird- Asian Paradise-flycatcher
State Flower – Parrot tree
State Fruit – Mango
State Tree – Banyan Tree
Former Germany striker Mario Gómez takes retirement from sports
- 33 years old Mario Gómez has taken his retirement from soccer sports. in 2007, he won the Bundesliga title. along with it, he has been a part of Bayern Munich’s treble winning team in 2013.
Kannada Novelist Geetha Nagabhushan passed away
- On the 28th June 2020, The 78 years old famous Kannada Novelist Geetha Nagabhushan has passed away. she suffered with a cardiac arrest in a private hospital at Kalaburagi.
National Statistics day 2020
- The Indian Govt celebrates 29th June as National Statistics day 2020 every year in order to be birth anniversary of Prof. P C Mahalanobis. the main purpose of this day is to create awareness and encourge youth about the role of statistics in socio-economic planning and policy formulation. apart from this, Statistics Day also helps to public about use of Statistics in everyday life and sensitize. Read Full News
Q.1 what was main focus of G20 Extraordinary Virtual Education Ministers meet ?
the meeting aimed to discuss about COVID-19 pandemic effects on the education sector.
Q.2 what is Sankalp Parva ?
In order to enhance the Herbal Wealth of India and support the clean and healthy environment, The Union Ministry of Culture starts celebrations for two weeks long Sankalp Parva which will begin from 28th June and end on 12th July 2020.