Today Top Current Affairs 3 September 2021: Daily Gk Update
Daily Current Affairs 3 September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
PM Modi releases special Rs 125 coin on ISKCON founder’s 125th birth anniversary
On 2nd September 2021, PM Narendra Modi has released a special commemorative coin of Rs 125 to mark the 125th birth anniversary of ISKCON founder Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada via video conferencing.
- Prabhupada founded the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), known as the ‘Hare Krishna movement.
- ISKCON has translated the Shrimad Bhagavad Geeta and other Vedic literature into 89 languages.
- Prabhupada also established more than a hundred temples and has authored several books.
- Prabhupada was born on September 1, 1896, in Calcutta
Snow Leopard and Black Necked Crane as state animal and bird of Ladakh
Ladakh has declared snow leopard (Panther Unica) as the new state animal and black-necked crane (Grus Nicricollis) as the new state bird.
- On 31st August 2021, Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh Shri Radha Krishna Mathur released a notification in this regard
J&K LG Manoj Sinha inaugurates ‘Saath’ initiative for women associated with SHGs
On 1st September 2021, The Lieutenant-Governor of Jammu & Kashmir, Manoj Sinha has launched the Rural Enterprises Acceleration Programme named ‘Saath’ for Self-Help Group women in order to transform the lives of the women and will make them independent and strong in social and financial aspects.
- The Saath initiative aims to transform the lives of women associated with SHGs.
- It will also focus on mentoring and market linkages of the products created by women associated with Self Help Groups.
- In Jammu and Kashmir, there are 48000 SHGs and around 4,00,000 women are associated with SHGs.
- The J&K administration will also make 11000 more SHGs in the coming year.
New Development Bank approves UAE, Uruguay and Bangladesh as a new member
Shanghai-based New Development Bank (NDB) has decided to include United Arab Emirates, Uruguay and Bangladesh as its new member countries.
- The NDB Board of Governors began the negotiation to expand its membership in the year 2020.
- Now, NDB has approved the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Uruguay, and Bangladesh as its first new member countries.
- The BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) established The New Development Bank (NDB) in 2015.
RBI will set up a five-member panel on new umbrella entity licenses
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is going to set up a five-member committee in order to review applications and give recommendations on new umbrella entity (NUE) licences.
- The RBI chief general manager P Vasudevan will be the head of a five-member committee. The New Umbrella Entities (NUEs) will create their own payment infrastructure to compete with the National Payments Corp. of India (NPCI).
- The main purpose of it is to focus on small and medium enterprises, merchants, and consumers.
New umbrella entities
- New umbrella entities will manage payments in the retail space.
- These private entities can offer a range of retail payment services, like install new ATMs, point of sale terminals, Aadhaar-based payments, remittance services and develop newer payment methods.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI) –
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: British Raj
- Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
Senior Bureaucrat JB Mohapatra As Chairman of CBDT
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved to appoint Senior bureaucrat JB Mohapatra as the Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) with effect from September 01, 2021. Mohapatra is a 1985-batch Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) officer.
- Currently, Mohapatra is serving as a member of the board that frames the policy for the Income Tax department.
- He is also holding the additional charge of CBDT chairman replacing PC Mody who completed his extended tenure.
Ramon Magsaysay Award 2021 Winners
Bangladeshi vaccine scientist Dr. Firdausi Qadri, Filipino fisher Roberto Ballon, and humanitarian worker Steven Muncy were named among the Ramon Magsaysay Awards 2021.
- Dr. Firdausi Qadri – Vaccine scientist (Bangladesh)
- Muhammad Amjad Saqib -Microfinance pioneer (Pakistan)
- Roberto Ballon – Filipino fisher and community environmentalist
- Watchdoc- Indonesian torch bearer for investigative journalism
- Steven Muncy – Humanitarian worker from the United States
Alejandro Prieto (Mexico) won Bird Photographer of the Year 2021
Alejandro Prieto ( Photographer from Mexico ) has won the Bird Photographer of the Year (BPOTY) 2021. He took a photograph of a greater roadrunner staring up at the barbed-wire-clad border wall between the USA and Mexico, with what almost looks like a sense of bewilderment. his image has been given the title as ‘Blocked’.
Bird Photographer of the Year 2021 –
- The Winner of the competition is awarded a £5,000 cash prize, alongside the coveted title of Bird Photographer of the Year.
Bigg Boss 13 winning veteran television actor Sidharth Shukla dies at 40 due to heart attack
The famous television actor and model Sidharth Shukla has passed away at the age of 40 due to a massive heart attack. he became famous for his role in the hit TV show Balika Vadhu.
- In 2019, Sidharth Shukla became the winner of Bigg Boss season 13.
- In 2008, he made his debut with the TV show Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na. he also worked in the tv shows like Jaane Pehchaane Se… Ye Ajnabbi, and Love U Zindagi.
- Sidharth also won the title of Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7.
Senior Journalist and former Rajya Sabha MP Chandan Mitra died at 65
Former Rajya Sabha MP and senior journalist Chandan Mitra have taken his last breath at the age of 65.
- Mitra served as the Editor and Managing Director (MD) of The Pioneer newspaper in New Delhi.
- Apart from this, he was also nominated as a member of the Rajya Sabha between August 2003 and 2009.
- Chandan was appointed in the Rajya Sabha by BJP from Madhya Pradesh and served till 2016.
- Mitra gave his resignation from the BJP and later, became a part of the Trinamool Congress (TMC) Party.
*** Follow Us on Social Accounts for Updates***
|Job Alert on Email|
|Download Prepare Exams Android App|
|Join Prepare Exams on Facebook|
|Join Prepare Exams on Twitter|
|Join Prepare Exams Jobs on Telegram|