Today Top Current Affairs 3 & 4 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 3 & 4 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 3 & 4 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Govt declares Dr B R Ambedkar’s birth anniversary as a public holiday
The Indian Govt has decided to declare Ambedkar Jayanti (the birth anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar ) as a public holiday. Ambedkar Jayanti falls on 14 April every year and will be considered a public holiday in 2021.
- India will observe the 130th birth anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar on 14th April 2021.
4th batch of three Rafale fighter jets land in India
On 31st March 2021, the Indian Air Force has received three Rafales as the fourth batch from France. Rafale fighter jets started flying non-stop from Istres Air Base in France.
- After this new arrival of the three jets, India has 14 Rafale fighter jets in total.
- 36 Rafale jets will be received by India from France.
Batchs of Rafale fighter jets to India by France
|Batch||When||How many Jets|
|1st Batch||27 July 2020||5 Rafales|
|2nd Batch||4 November 2020||3 Rafale jets|
|3rd Batch||January 27, 2021||3 Rafale jets|
|4th Batch||31 March 2021||3 Rafale jets|
|Total Jets||–||14 Rafale jets|
Russia registers world’s 1st Covid vaccine Carnivac-Cov for animals
On 31st March 2021, Russia has registered the first animal vaccine named Carnivac-Cov in the world against coronavirus.
- The named Carnivac-Cov vaccine was developed by a unit of Rosselkhoznadzor.
- After the vaccination, The immunity will last for a period of six months
RBI Deputy Guv Kanungo steps down
On 2nd April 2021, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) deputy governor B.P. Kanungo has stepped down. he completes his term.
- In 2017, he was appointed deputy governor for a period of three years.
- in 2020, he got an extension of one year.
- He was serving in charge of the department of currency management, payment and settlement, and foreign exchange, among others.
Mallika Srinivasan as chairperson of PESB
On 1st April 2021, Mallika Srinivasan has been appointed as the chairperson of the Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB). Mallika is serving as Chairman and Managing Director of Tractors and Farm Equipment (TAFE) Limited.
- After her appointment, this happens for the first time that a private sector specialist is elected as PESB’s Head.
- She will serve for a period of three years from the date of assumption of charge.
New Book ‘Manohar Parrikar: Brilliant Mind, Simple Life’ by Nitin Gokhale
On 31st March 2021, Nitin Gokhale has authored a new book named ‘Manohar Parrikar: Brilliant Mind, Simple Life’.
- This book was published by Bloomsbury
- This book tributes the former defence minister of India and four-time chief minister of Goa Shri Parrikar.
- The book highlights the journey of the contribution of Parrikar to nation-building and his service to the Goan society, from being an IIT student to a social worker and to India’s defence minister.
Venkaiah Naidu releases book titled ‘Suparipalana’ by Dr Shailendra Joshi
Vice President Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has released a book named ‘Suparipalana’,. Suparipalana book has been written by retired civil servant Dr Shailendra Kumar Joshi.
- The book highlights administration, public policy, and Governance in India and also includes various topics such as “laughter is the best medicine” to “the relevance of swadeshi in the modern perspective”.
- Shri Annavarapu Brahmaiah has translated this book into Telugu and was published by Shri Maruthi.
- Suparipalana is a Telugu version of “Echo T Calling: Towards People-Centric Governance”.
- former Telangana Chief Secretary, Shri S K Joshi authored “Echo T Calling: Towards People-Centric Governance” book.
Former President of Madagascar Didier Ratsiraka passes away
The former leader of Madagascar Didier Ratsiraka has taken his last breath at the age of 84. he was a naval officer and also an instigator of a socialist revolution on the Indian Ocean island
- He was known as Deba and remained in power between 1975 and 1991 and also was in power from 1997 to 2002.
International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action 2021
The day of 4th April is observed as International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action by United Nations.
- The main purpose of this day is to create awareness about landmines and progress toward their eradication.
- Theme 2021 – “Perseverance, Partnership, and Progress”.