Today Top Current Affairs 29 December 2020
Daily Current Affairs 29 December 2020: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 29 December 2020 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
Centre launched E-Sampada web portal and mobile app
On 25th December 2020, The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has started off a new web portal and mobile app named e-Sampada. it aims to increase transparency and accountability among the public to ensure ease of living in the country.
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has inaugurated a website and mobile app on the occasion of the birth anniversary of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Features of E-Sampada:
- Will provide a Personalised Dashboard for all
- It will contain the real-time status on license fees/dues and service usage.
- Will offer digital modes so, no requirement of cash. all transactions will be cashless.
100th Kisan Rail flagged off by PM Modi
The Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to flag off the 100th Kisan Rail. the Kisan Rail will start from Sangola in Maharashtra to Shalimar in West Bengal. PM will inaugurate rail via a video conferencing.
- On this occasion, The Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar and Railways Minister Piyush Goyal will be available at that moment.
- The 100th Kisan Rail will carry vegetables such as onion, capsicum, cabbage, cauliflower, chillies, drumsticks and it will also include banana, pomegranate, oranges, grapes fruits.
- Along with it, The Indian govt has also extended 50% subsidy on transportation of fruits and vegetables.
The first driverless train on Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line in India
On 28th Dec 2020, PM Modi made inauguration of first-ever fully-automated driverless train service. it was flagged off on the Magenta Line of the Delhi Metro.
- Also, PM introduced the National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) that will attach DMRC with the NCMC service.
ICC Awards of the Decade 2020: List of Winners
On 28th December 2020, The list of winners of the ICC Awards of the Decade has been announced. The ICC Awards of The Decade declared the best players in the Cricket in the past ten years.
List of Winners
- ICC Spirit of Cricket Award of the Decade – MS Dhoni
ICC Men’s Awards
- Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade – Virat Kohli
- ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade –Virat Kohli
- ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Decade – Rashid Khan
- ICC Men’s Test Cricketer of the Decade – Steve Smith
- ICC Men’s Associate Cricketer of the Decade – Kyle Coetzer
ICC Women’s Award
- Rachael Heyhoe Flint Award for ICC Female Cricketer of the Decade – Ellyse Perry
- ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade – Ellyse Perry
- ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Decade – Ellyse Perry
- ICC Women’s Associate Cricketer of the Decade – Kathryn Bryce
87 years old Sunil Kothari passed away due to cardiac arrest
The dance historian and critic Sunil Kothari has taken his last breath at the age of 87. he suffered from a cardiac arrest. he was honoured with Padma Shri award.
- he worked as a Chartered Accountant and later, he moved to the study of Indian dance forms.
- He has penned over 20 books on the subject of Indian dance forms.
- He had received various titles and awards for making his contribution to Indian dance forms.
Sunil Kothari Awards
|Sangeet Natak Akademi||1995|
|Life Time Achievement Award of the|
Dance Critics Association, New York