Today Top Current Affairs 29 August 2020 –
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 29 August 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs 29 August 2020 conceded here.
NITI Aayog begins NDC- Transport Initiative for Asia(TIA)
- NITI Aayog has started off NDC ( Nationally Determined Contributions) – Transport Initiative for Asia (TIA). the main purpose of it is to set up a multi-stakeholder dialogue and create a team. the team will provide their support on Greenhouse Gas emission reduction across the country.
- NDC-TIA is also considered as the part of the International Transport Forum (ITF)’s work which is about to Decarbonise Transport in the country and NDC also includes Decarbonising Transports in Emerging Economies – India component.
- NDC-TIA team will be in working for a period of four years.
- The team will continue working and will get the support of India’s govt agencies, researcher, civil society organisations and so on.
- The main aim of it is to enhance support the development of policies and regulations so that electric vehicle charging infrastructure could be increased and the country could adopt EVs.
- The team will offer policy recommendations on electric vehicle (EV) demand and supply policies.
- The program will help in supporting the country’s NDC targets through the transport sector.
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) complete Six Years
- On 28th August 2020, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) has completed its 6-years duration. 6 years ago, PMJDY was begun in 2014. PMJDY is known as a foundation stone for BJP govt for people-centric economic initiatives.
About Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) –
- The main purpose of this scheme is to make financial services to ensure such as Banking/ Savings & Deposit Accounts, Insurance, Pension and so on are included.
- The Slogan of PMJDY – “Mera Khata – Bhagya Vidhaata.”
- Department of Financial Services is working to implement this scheme and Financial Services dept functions under the Union Finance Ministry.
Kerala: 1st marine ambulance boat ‘PRATHEEKSHA’
- On 27th August 2020, The Kerala state CM Pinarayi Vijayan has made inauguration of 1st marine ambulance called ‘PRATHEEKSHA’ through a video conferencing.
- Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) has built the series of 3 fully equipped marine ambulance boat.
- Rest two are boat, names are – ‘Prathyasha’ and ‘Karunya’.
- Three marine ambulances boats will be stationed at Vizhinjam village of Thiruvananthapuram district in Kerala.
- The main purpose of this boat is to save lives of fishermen during accidents at sea.
UP launches NRI unified portal
- Uttar Pradesh state has started off the NRI unified portal. this portal will help Overseas Indians and NRIs to get their issues resolved. local administration or the State Government will offer their cooperation.
- Previously, there was no platform to help their families solve the problems associated with their house as well as issues with local administration.
- The UP will set up a database of the state’s migrant workers employed who are working in foreign countries and platform will also provide an opportunity to those who want to go abroad.
International Booker Prize 2020 to Marieke Lucas Rijneveld
- Marieke Lucas Rijneveld has received the International Booker Prize 2020. she is a Dutch Author and got the award for her debut novel ‘The Discomfort of Evening’. Rijneveld. along with it, she has won the prize at the age of 29.
- in the Dutch language, This book was advertised in the year 2018. later, it was translated into English by Michele Hutchison. Michele Hutchison and book’s author will be given £50,000 prize money.
About The Discomfort of Evening’. Rijneveld –
- The book highlights a story girl Jas who was from a devout Christian farming family. it is a fiction based story and her brother dies in an accident. she is wishing to die instead of her rabbit.
Bryan brothers took retirement from tennis
- On 27th August 2020, The Bryan brothers have decided to take retirement from professional tennis. they are the most successful men’s doubles team in the tennis’s history. both played tennis for the 22-years.
- Bryan Brothers are American and identical twin brothers names are Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan. they have won various professional games, matches, tournaments and Grand Slams. They remained at the top of doubles ranking for the 438 weeks long.
Appointments/ Resigns News
Japan PM Shinzo Abe resigns
- On 28th August 2020, The Prime Minister of Japan, Shinzo Abe has decided to take resignation from the post. he is currently suffering from poor health conditions. He has served as PM for the period of seven years and eight months. Japan is known as the world’s third-biggest economy and he served as the longest Prime Minister in Japanese history.
- He was elected as PM of Japan since 26 December 2012. Before serving as PM, he was serving as PM between July 2006 and September 2007. at the age of 52, he was chosen as youngest PM of the country
International Day against Nuclear Tests
- The International Day against Nuclear Tests has been observing since 2010 on 29th August. it purposes to create awareness about the effects of nuclear weapon test explosions. United Nations General Assembly adopted this day on 2nd Dec 2009.
National Sports Day
- National Sports Day is observed on 29th August by Citizens in order to mark hockey legend Major Dhyan Chand’s birth anniversary. this day is also known as Rashtriya Khel Divas.
- On this day, Many sports schemes are launched to support sports and in addition, sporting events and seminars are held to create awareness about the importance of physical activities and sports
Read Today Top Current Affairs 29 August 2020 in Hindi, here we have provided Top 10 Current Affairs of Day. Current affairs 2020 includes Top 10 National News, Top 10 international News, Top 10 Appointment News, Top 10 Awards News, Top 10 State News and so on.
Social Ours Platforms-
Q.1 Which sources are most useful for current affairs?
daily newspapers and other credible sources such as the Press Information Bureau (PIB) and Yojana Magazine are most useful for current affairs. it covers all national and international news.
Q.2 What are the current affairs in India?
In India, Current affairs such as Agriculture, Art & Culture, communication, Environment & Forest, Finance & Taxes, Food & Public Distribution, Governance & Administration, Health & Family Welfare.
Q.3 How can I cover my current affairs?
We have various options to cover current affairs such as The Hindu, One daily compilation, One monthly compilation, All India Radio— Spotlight/Discussion.