Today Top Current Affairs 29 April 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 29 April 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 29 April 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 29 April 2020.
UIDAI grants permission to CSCs to offer Aadhaar updation facility
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has granted permission to Common Service Centres to make Aadhaar updation easier for citizens.
- Almost 20000 CSCs centre they will start offering the Aadhaar updation service to citizens.
- The CSCs will have permission to update demographic details such as candidate name, address and date of birth only.
About Unique Identification Authority of India –
Founder – Government of India
Founded – 28 January 2009, India
Headquarters – New Delhi.
Jal Shakti Abhiyan
- As per the Ministry of Jal Shakti, the Jal Shakti Abhiyan has been commenced for monsoon. it will help in combatting the present health crisis. The various steps was intorduced to raise the rural economy via its various components.
Mobile Kiosk for COVID-19 sample testing used by Agartala Smart City
- As per the smart city mission, Agartala Smart City is started using a Mobile COVID-19 sample collection kiosk. along with it, Agartala has taken a major step to combat against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Banking & Economy
India Ratings estimates GDP growth of India to 1.9 per cent for FY21
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) has projected about Gross domestic product (GDP) growth of India, stated that GDP will be 1.9 per cent from 3.6 per cent for Fiscal Year 2021.
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) is a credit rating agency in the country. due to assumption of the lockdown, India Ratings slashed india’s GDP.
About India Ratings and Research-
Managing Director & CEO – Rohit Karan Sawhney
Headquarters – Mumbai
To improve network capacity, Airtel and Nokia ties up
- in order to improve the network capacity of Bharti Airtel, The Bharti Airtel has signed a multi-year agreement of around $1 billion with Nokia. this deal will ensure to improve customer experience of Bharti Airtel’s customers.
About Bharti Airtel –
CEO – Gopal Vittal
Founder – Sunil Bharti Mittal.
About Nokia –
Designated CEO – Pekka Lundmark
CEO – Rajeev Suri
Founded – 12 May 1865.
AIU puts Ban on Jhuma Khatun for 4 years for failing dope test
- The Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) has put a ban on Jhuma Khatun for four years for using banned substances (Steroids) for the doping case from 2018.
About Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) –
Founded: 3 April 2017.
Due to corruption charges, Umar Akmal faces ban by PCB
- The Pakistani batsman Umar Akmal is being faced a ban by PCB for all forms of cricket for a period of three years. he was found guilty in anti-corruption codes of Pakistan Cricket Board.
About Pakistan Cricket Board –
Chairperson – Ehsan Mani
Women’s coach – Iqbal Imam
Men’s coach – Misbah-Ul-Haq
Headquarters – Lahore, Pakistan
Director – Wasim Khan.
Noted Odia Dramatist Bijay Mishra passes away
- The famous Dramatist & playwriter of Odia Bijay Mishra has taken his last breath. in 2013, he had received the Kendra Sangeet Natak Akademi Award for his book “Banaprastha“. in addition, he also earned Odisha Sahitya Akademi Award.
NASA Administrator James M. Beggs passes away
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s 6th administrator James M. Beggs has passed away. between July 1981 and December 1985, he had served within the agency’s top position.
About NASA –
Headquarters – Washington, D.C., United States
Founder – Dwight D. Eisenhower
Founded – 29 July 1958, United States
NASA Administrator – Jim Bridenstine.
Former Footballer Michael Robinson passed away
- The Ex striker of Brighton and Liverpool Michael Robinson has passed away at the age of 61 years. he was suffering with skin cancer for long time.
- he had played Brighton, Manchester City, Preston and Queens Park Rangers clubs. he also played an important role in winning the league title, European Cup and League Cup with the Reds in 1983-84.
Bollywood star Irrfan Khan passed away aged 53
- On 29th April 2020, Bollywood star Irrfan Khan has passed away due to prolong illness. he was suffering with an endocrine tumour since 2018. he won India’s National Film Award for Paan Singh Tomar movie in 2013.
Justice Dipankar Datta sworn in as Chief Justice of Bombay HC
- On 28th April, Justice Dipankar Datta, A senior judge of the Calcutta High Court (HC) has taken oath as next Chief Justice of Bombay HC.
- He will take place of Justice Bhushan Pradyumna Dharmadhikari. tenure of Bhushan Pradyumna Dharmadhikari is going to be ended on 27 April 2020.
Australia cancelled “Pitch Black 2020” exercise with India
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, Australia has decided to cancel “Pitch Black 2020” exercise between India and Australia.
- Pitch Black 2020 is a premier multilateral air combat training exercise that was to be held between both of countries.
- Meg Hupfeld who is the Chief of the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), stated to Indian Air Force Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria to cancel exercise via a letter.
About Australia –
Currency: Australian dollar
Prime Minister – Scott Morrison
Deputy Prime Minister – Michael McCormack.
International Dance Day
- The Day of 29th April is observed as International Dance Day by the people across the world. it aims to promote art and culture and raise awareness among people about the art of dance.
- Theme :
Today top Current Affairs 29 April 2020, read and share Today’s Top Current Affairs 29 April 2020 to your friends.
Q.1 working of India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)?
India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) is known as India’s most respected credit rating agency that aims to provide India’s credit markets accurate, timely and prospective credit opinions
Q.2 what is Pitch Black 2020 excercise?
Pitch Clack 2020 is a biennial warfare exercise hosted by the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF). it was to be held between India and Australia.