Today Top Current Affairs 28 October 2022 – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
State/ UT Current Affairs
Delhi LG Vinai Kumar Saxena launched property tax amnesty scheme SAMRIDDHI
Delhi Lieutenant (LG) Vinai Kumar Saxena launched a one-time property amnesty scheme called “SAMRIDDHI 2022-23” for residents of authorized and regularised colonies of Delhi. SAMRIDDHI scheme stands for Strengthening & Augmentation of Municipal Revenue for Infrastructure Development in Delhi and people will have to pay the principal amount of the current and pending past five years for residential properties, and six years for commercial properties, and get a waiver on all pending dues, including penalty and interest
- SAMRIDDHI Scheme aims to solve pending court cases, which are a source of consternation for citizens as well as the MCD since 2004.
- The Scheme will make property owners a partner in the revenue generation efforts of the MCD and will be helpful in the civic body building better infrastructure and providing efficient municipal service to the public.
Award Current Affairs
FIPRESCI declared ‘Pather Panchali’ as best Indian movie
International Federation of Film Critics (FIPRESCI) has declared Legendary filmmaker Satyajit Ray’s feature “Pather Panchali” as the best Indian film of all time. The 1955 film got the number one slot in the top ten films in the history of Indian cinema list. “Pather Panchali” was declared after a poll conducted by the India chapter of FIPRESCI.
- “Pather Panchali” was Ray’s directorial debut and is Based on Bibhutibhushan Bandyopadhyay’s 1929 Bengali novel of the same name.
- It stars Subir Banerjee, Kanu Banerjee, Karuna Banerjee, Uma Dasgupta, Pinaki Sengupta and Chunibala Devi.
Appointment Current Affairs
Shefali Juneja named as chairperson of UN’s Air Transport Committee
India’s representative to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Shefali Juneja was appointed as the chairperson of the United Nations specialized aviation agency’s Air Transport Committee (ATC). Shefali Juneja is a 1992 batch officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre) and served as a Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) before joining the ICAO.
- Dr. Shefali Juneja is a 1992 batch officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre)
- She has served as India’s Representative in the council of the ICAO, Montreal, Canada, for a period of 3 years.
- In 2019, she took place of senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Alok Shekhar, who was elected for the post in 2015.
- She served as the Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation before joining the ICAO.
Sangeeta Verma appointed as acting chairperson of CCI
The government of India has elected Sangeeta Verma as the acting chairperson of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) and will replace full-time Chairperson Ashok Kumar Gupta who is demitting office. Sangeeta Verma is currently a member at the regulator.
- Sangeeta Verma will serve as the acting chairperson of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) for a “period of three months or till the appointment of regular Chairperson or till any further orders, whichever is the earliest.
- Ashok Kumar Gupta assumed the charge as the CCI chairperson in November 2018.
International Animation Day 2022
Every year, International Animation Day is observed on 28th October to mark the art of animation and this day also recognizes the artists, scientists, and technicians behind animation.
- In 2022, the 21st International Animation Day 2022 will be observed across the world.
- the International Animated Film Association (ASIFA) declared International Animation Day (IAD) as a worldwide occasion to commend the specialty of animation.
- IAD was initiated by ASIFA, an individual from UNESCO.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.
******** END ********