Today Top Current Affairs 28 August 2020 –
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 28 August 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs 28 August 2020 conceded here.
ISRO deals an MoU with VSSUT to install Incubation Centre
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has signed an agreement with Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology (VSSUT). this MoU aims to install the first of its kind innovation cum incubation centre in order to boost space research. ISRO and VSSUT will work to develop high-end simulation tools such as Static test facility and solid propulsion research lab and so on.
- ISRO Agency will provide technical consultancy support to VSSUT and ISro will also offer financial assistance of Rs.50 lakhs.
- VSSSIC will aim to investigate what are the latest global trends in space technology and will take up the advantage.
Vendor Performance Evaluation System by NHAI
- National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has introduced a “Vendor Performance Evaluation System”. the main objective of it is to generate a transparent and comprehensive ‘Performance Rating’ System for its Consultants, Contractors and Concessionaires.
- Along with it, NHAI also begins the portal which is based on an objective assessment of vendors and will monitor the performance of the vendors for various NHAI projects.
About National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) –
Founded – 1988
Headquarters – New Delhi
Chairperson – Sanjeev Ranjan
Rajnath Singh begins DGNCC Training mobile App
- The Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh Ji has begun a Mobile Training App named as Directorate General National Cadet Corps (DGNCC). the main purpose of launching it is to conduct online training of NCC cadets across the country which are highly affected due to COVID-19 Disease.
- The DGNCC Mobile Training Application will also offer training study material to NCC cadets. in addition, this move will help in automation of NCC training.
WHO declared Africa Wild Polio free
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has stated Africa free from wild polio. The Africa Regional Certification Commission has proved that 47 nations have exterminated Polio. usually, poliovirus harms the nervous system and it also causes irreversible paralysis within hours.
- Nigeria was the last nation of Africa that was to be declared free from wild polio. in the past 10 years ago, Nigeria registered more than half of all global cases.
Liberty Savings Account by Axis Bank
- On 26th August 2020, Axis Bank has inaugurated ‘Liberty Savings Account’ for youth. it aims to address the ever-changing lifestyle needs of youngsters and digitally interested Indians. apart from this, this will also provide a complimentary hospital cash insurance up to 20000 per annual. This new plan will target under 35 years of age.
Features of the Liberty Savings Account –
- Minimum Balance: it will enable customers to manage a minimum balance of 25,000 rupees per month.
- Annual Savings
- Lounge Benefit
- Gift Vouchers
Kerala Blasters FC signs Rohit
- On 27th August 2020, Kerala Blasters FC has signed Rohit Kumar for upcoming Indian Super League (ISL). 23-years-old Rohit Kumar is a midfielder from Delhi. he began a career at the Bhaichung Bhutia Football School. he has played for Hyderabad FC in the ISL during the Last ISL League.
BCCI appoints VPS Healthcare as COVID-19 testing agency
- On 27th August 2020, BCCI has decided to appoint VPS Healthcare as the official COVID-19 testing agency in order to conduct COVID-19 testings for IPL 2020. VPS Healthcare will carry almost 20,000 tests in a period of three months. it includes players, support staff. VPS Healthcare will conduct tests on days 1, 3 and 6 to enter the bio bubble.
About BCCI –
President – Sourav Ganguly
Secretary – Jay Shah
Headquarters – Mumbai
Founded – December 1928
Appointments/ Resigns News
TikTok CEO Kevin Mayer resigns
- The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of TikTok Kevin Mayer has decided to give resignation from the post. he left the company within a period of three months. U.S. General Manager Vanessa Pappas is going to take place of Kevin Mayer as interim CEO.
ASP Jagtial passes away due to Corona
- The 58-year-old Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) K Dakshinamurthy has passed away due to COVID-19. he was getting treatment in the hospital in Karimnagar district. Dakshinamurthy was a 1st ASP rank officer in Telangana who has died due to COVID-19.
- He was 1989 batch SI (sub-inspector). he has served as SI, Inspector and Deputy Superintendent of Police.
due to vasculitis, TV Actress Sangeeta Srivastava passed away
- TV actress Sangeeta Srivastava has passed away he was suffering from an autoimmune disease called vasculitis. he has worked Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon serial. in addition, she acted in other serials such as Bhanwar and Thapki…Pyaar Ki.
Read Today Top Current Affairs 28 August 2020 in Hindi, here we have provided Top 10 Current Affairs of Day. Current affairs 2020 includes Top 10 National News, Top 10 international News, Top 10 Appointment News, Top 10 Awards News, Top 10 State News and so on.
Social Ours Platforms-
Q.1 Which sources are most useful for current affairs?
daily newspapers and other credible sources such as the Press Information Bureau (PIB) and Yojana Magazine are most useful for current affairs. it covers all national and international news.
Q.2 What are the current affairs in India?
In India, Current affairs such as Agriculture, Art & Culture, communication, Environment & Forest, Finance & Taxes, Food & Public Distribution, Governance & Administration, Health & Family Welfare.
Q.3 How can I cover my current affairs?
We have various options to cover current affairs such as The Hindu, One daily compilation, One monthly compilation, All India Radio— Spotlight/Discussion.