Today Top Current Affairs 28 April 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 28 April 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 28 April 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 28 April 2020.
India as 3rd largest military spender across the world
- According to report of Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), after USA and China, India has got place as the third-largest military spender in the world. SIPRI published its report with title “Trends in World Military Expenditure, 2019”.
- India’s military spending increased to $71.1 million in 2019. it was the increment of 6.8 per cent.
- Due to rising tensions with Pakistan and China, India has increased military expenditure.
Top 5 countries in the list 2020:
5) Saudi Arabia
About Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) :
Founder – Government of Sweden
Founded – 6 May 1966
Headquarters – Stockholm, Sweden.
King George Medical University as 1st hospital, treats COVID-19 patients using Plasma Therapy
- In india, The King George Medical University UP has been as first government hospital that has started successfully the plasma therapy treatment for COVID-19 patients.
“KARMI-Bot” robot by Kerala hospital for serving COVID-19 patients
- The Ernakulamhere government hospital, Kerala has started using robot named as ‘KARMI-Bot’. the ‘KARMI-Bot’ will help in serving COVID-19 patients at the medical college’s COVID-19 isolation ward in the hospital.
About Kerala :
Chief minister – Pinarayi Vijayan Trending
Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
Statehood – 1 November 1956
Official Language – Malayalam.
New Guidelines for SVAMITVA scheme and SOP E-Gram Swaraj
- The Union Minister of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Narendra Singh Tomar has published new guidelines related to the SVAMITVA scheme. the SVAMITVA scheme is an initiative of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj. along with it, he explained a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) related to e-Gram Swaraj.
Saudi Arabia : ends death penalty for minors
- The King of Saudi Arabia Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud has decided to remove death penalty for crimes committed by minors.
- King Salman stated new orders that if any minor who has got death penalty for crime. he/she will not be given death penalty.
- Instead of this, he will not have to undergo a prison sentence of no longer than 10 years.
About Saudi Arabia :
Capital – Riyadh
Currency – Saudi riyal
Official language – Arabic
Currency – Saudi riyal.
WHO launched COVID-19 Tools Act Accelerator
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has commenced the “Access to COVID-19 Tools Accelerator / the ACT Accelerator with the help of Global Fund, UNTAID, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI).
About World Health Organization (WHO) –
Head – Tedros Adhanom
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
Founded – 7 April 1948
‘Dhanwantari’ scheme by Assam for home delivery of medicines
- The Govt of Assam has commenced a new scheme named as “Dhanwantari” for home delivery of medicines. under scheme, patients will be able to send their prescriptions over the telephone or inform the health workers.
- in the response of it, the health department will delivery essentials medicines to patients in Assam State.
- during lockdown, this program is largest outreach taken by Assam Govt to help patients.
About Assam :
Capital – Dispur
Chief minister – Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor – Jagdish Mukhi.
MP : “Jivan Shakti Yojana” for women
- The Madhya Pradesh state govt has commenced the “Jivan Shakti Yojana” for women. according to this scheme, in urban areas, women will be able to earn money by making masks at home and State govt would pay 11 rupee for each mask.
About Madhya Pradesh :
Capital – Bhopal
Chief minister – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor – Lalji Tandon
Official Language – Hindi.
Science And Technology News
“Vilokana” search engine for COVID-19 information
- The Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – Kerala (IIITM-K) has prepared a new an AI Semantic search engine named as ‘Vilokana’, Vilokana word is in Sanskrit. it means ‘finding out’.
About IIITM-K :
Located – Kazhakkoottam, Kerala
Director – Prof. Saji Gopinath
Founded – 2000.
CSIR commences anti-leprosy drug trial
- The Director of CSIR Shekhar Mande stated that The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has commenced Mycobacterium w (Mw) trial. Mycobacterium w is an anti-leprosy drug.
About CSIR –
Head – Shekhar C. Mande
Founded – 26 September 1942
Former Pakistan skipper Sana Mir declares retirement
- The Ex women’s skipper of Pakistan national Team Sana Mir has taken her retirement from international cricket. she has played in 226 international matches for Pakistan between 2009 and 2017. as a captain, she played 137 international cricket Games.
Veteran photojournalist Ronny Roy passes away
- The famous sports photojournalist Ronojoy ‘Ronny’ Roy has taken his last breath. he was very famous as Ronny. he had been working with Bengali daily Aajkaal since the 1990. during his photojournalist carrier, he covered the ICC World Cup 2019 in England.
Former governor of Bihar & Tripura Devanand Konwar passes away
- The politician and ex Governors of Bihar (July 24, 2009, to March 8, 2013), Tripura (March 25, 2013, and June 29, 2014), and West Bengal(December 2009 to January 2010), Shri Devanand Konwar ji has passed away.
Originally indian Manisha Singh as US Envoy to OECD
- The US President Donald Trump has chosen senior Indian-American diplomat Manisha Singh as next US’s envoy to the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
World Day for Safety and Health at Work
- The day of 28th April is observed as World Day for Safety and Health at Work by the International Labour Organisation (ILO) since 2003. it manifests about how we can improve occupational safety, health and looks for continuing these efforts via several changes like technology, demographics, climate change and so on.
- World Day for Safety and Health Theme 2020 :”Stop the pandemic: Safety and health at work can save lives”.
About International Labour Organisation (ILO) –
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
Head – Guy Ryder
Today top Current Affairs 28 April 2020, read and share Today’s Top Current Affairs 28 April 2020 to your friends.
Q.1 When and why World Day for Safety and Health at Work is celebrated?
The day of 28th April is celebrated as World Day for Safety and Health at Work. it highlights about how we can improve occupational safety, health and looks for continuing these efforts via several changes like technology, demographics, climate change and so on.
Q.2 Theme of World Day for Safety and Health at Work 2020?
World Day for Safety and Health at Work Theme 2020 is ”Stop the pandemic: Safety and health at work can save lives”.