Today Top Current Affairs 27 December 2020
Daily Current Affairs 27 December 2020: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 27 December 2020 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
PM Modi launched Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT
On 26th December 2020, PM Modi has started off a new scheme named ‘Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT’ through a video-conference. the scheme aims to boost health insurance coverage to all the residents of Jammu & Kashmir.
- As per the scheme, the Ayushman Yojna will help all the residents of Jammu & Kashmir.
- At present, over 6 lakh families are taking advantage of Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
- Also, all 21 lakh families will be able to take benefits of Rs 5 lakh medical expense. it will be based on Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011.
MP cabinet passes Religious Freedom Bill
The Madhya Pradesh Govt has given its approval for the MP Freedom of Religion Bill 2020. as per the law, the guilty will be punished of up to 10 years and fine of Rs 50,000. if one commits a forced conversion of a woman.
- Now, it will be shown in the Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
What MP Home Minister Narottam Mishra said:
- She said the bill will take place of the Religious Freedom Act of 1968 and also mentioned that the new bill will be the “most stringent law in the country against religious conversion carried out by fraudulent means, allurement or threat”.
MP Freedom of Religion Bill 2020 Punishments –
guilty will have to undergo the terms of
- 2-10 years minimum jail
- Rs 50,000 penalty
In Madhya Pradesh, the first tiger reserve hot air balloon safari of the country
The First ‘Hot Air Balloon Wildlife Safari’ of the country in a tiger reserve has been introduced in the Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh.
- Jaipur-based Sky Waltz is operating the service.
- Tourists will see tigers, leopards, Indian sloth bear and it will be restricted to the buffer area.
BCCI accepts approval for 10-team IPL from 2022
The BCCI has taken a decision to approve 10 teams will compete in Indian Premier League (IPL) from 2022. this decision was taken during the 89th Annual General Meeting which was held in Ahmedabad.
- Also, Chetan Sharma is chosen as chairman for national men’s cricket team.
Hemant Kumar Pandey is honoured with Scientist of the Year Award
On 26th December 2020, The scientist of DRDO Mr Hemant Kumar Pandey has been awarded ‘Scientist of the Year Award‘. he gave his contribution in developing a herbal drug for leucoderma. leucoderma is an autoimmune disorder identified by the loss of skin colour in parts of a body.
- Pandey is serving as the head of the Herbal Medicine Division of DRDO’s Defence Institute of Bio-energy Research (DIBER).
- he received the award from Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- Emil Pharmaceuticals is selling drug in the market and it is new hope for leucoderma’s victims. it is also called vitilago.
- along with it, he also developed more six other medicines and herbal products.
Malayalam actor Anil Nedumangad died at 48
The famous Malayalam actor Anil Nedumangad has taken his last breath at the age of 48. he went to Malankara dam reservoir to swim with his friends. he drow in the dam.
- He began his career with Malayalam television channels. he also worked in some movies such as Pavada, Kammatti Paadam, Kismat, Parole and Ayyappanum.
75 years old Ex-England cricketer Robin Jackman died
The former England cricketer Robin Jackman has taken his last breath at the age of 75.
- He was born in Simla, Punjab in 1945.
- He had played 4 Tests and 15 ODIs for England from 1974 to 1983 and took 33 wickets.
- he started his career in 1966 and played 399 matches, taking 1402 first-class wickets and scored 5681 runs.