Today Top Current Affairs 26 November 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Today top Current Affairs 26 November 2020 includes top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
National Current Affairs
PM Modi will begin RE-INVEST 2020
On 26th November 2020, India’s Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji is going to commence the 3rd edition Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020).
- The New and Renewable Energy Ministry will make all kind of arrangement for three days summit.
RE Invest 2020 Theme
- Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition.
UP cleared an ordinance to ban unlawful religious conversions
The Uttar Pradesh state Govt has passed a law in order to ban unlawful religious conversions for marriage.
- As per the ordinance, If anyone gets married through force, deceit, extreme pressure.
- The marriage will be included in a non-bailable offence category and one will have to face 10 years imprisonment and will pay a penalty of 50,000 rupees.
- If one fails to prove Conversion then, he/she will have to 1-5 years imprisonment according to Unlawful Religious Conversion Ordinance 2020.
About Uttar Pradesh –
Statehood – 24 January 1950
Governor – Anandiben Patel
Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
State Mammal – Barasingha
State Bird – Sarus crane
State Flower – Palash
State Tree – Ashoka
10th National Science Film Festival
On 24th November 2020, The 10th National science film festival has commenced virtually. Vigyan Prasar has conducted this 4-Days film festival with the help of Tripura State Council of Science and Technology and will end on 27th November 2020.
- 372 films have been received for participation and 115 films are shortlisted by the jury.
- films Languages: Hindi, English, Urdu, Malayalam, Kashmiri, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil.
Appointment Current Affairs
Greg Barclay as ICC Chairman
On 24th November 2020, Greg Barclay has been chosen as the new chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC). he is a commercial lawyer and NZC’s director.
- He will take place of Imran Khwaja who was serving as the interim chairman of ICC and before this, Shashank Manohar resigned from the post in July 2020.
- Along with it, he has served as director of ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2015 and worked as NZC’s representative.
Banking Current Affairs
PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
India Post Payments Bank commenced an insurance Yojana named Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) with the help of PNB MetLife India Insurance Company. it will help in bringing the unserved and underserved population into the financial mainstream.
Purpose – The role of this Yojana is to offer protection and financial security to needy and poor people.
Who can be the recipient?
- Customer who has IPPB saving account
Age limit for PMJJBY –
- 18 – 50 Years
Premium Price –
- 330 Rupees per year
- 2,00,000 Rupees
Obituary Current Affairs
Ahmed Patel passed away due to Covid-19
The Senior leader of Congress party Shri Ahmed Patel has taken his last breath at the age of 71. he was tested positive for Corona Virus.
- Full Name – Ahmedbhai Mohammedbhai Patel.
- He has served as the political secretary to Sonia Gandhi (President of Congress Party).
- He represented Gujarat between 1977 and 2020 for 8 terms (3 times Lok Sabha and 5 times Rajya Sabha).