Today Top Current Affairs 26 June 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 26 June 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 26 June 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 26 June 2020.
Annual TB Report 2020
- The Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has released the Annual “India TB (Tuberculosis) Report 2020 via a virtual event which is released by Central TB Division (CTD), MoHFW. The report showed for the first time CTD introduced a quarterly rankings on TB elimination efforts by all the states and UTs in the country.
- There is a need to pay attention that the sustainable goal of eradicating TB at global level is 2030. but, Centre is commiting to reach this target by year 2025.
- In the terms of larger states that are having over 50 lakh population, Gujarat is ranked at 1st followed by Andhra Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh are given 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
- through the NIKSHAY system, Near-complete on-line notification of TB patients, have been cognizable.
- NI-KSHAY means Ni=End, Kshay=TB, it is known as a web enabled patient management system and it was developed and maintained by the CTD with the National Informatics Centre (NIC), and the World Health Organization (WHO) under guideness of NTEP.
Decarbonizing Transport Project Launched by ITF and NITI Aayog
- On 24th June 2020, The NITI Aayog and the International Transport Forum(ITF) has started off the ‘Decarbonizing Transport in Engineering Economies’ (DTEE) project across the country.
- In addiiton, The CEO of NITI Aayog shri Amitabh Kant and Secretary General of ITF Tae Kim made inauguration of the project.
About NITI Aayog –
Formed – 1 January 2015
Headquarters – New Delhi
Chairperson – Narendra Modi
About International Transport Forum (ITF) –
Headquarters : Paris, France
Jammu & Kashmir : Jitendra Singh inaugurates Puneja and Devika Bridges
- On 25th June The Union Minister Shri Jitendra Singh ji inaugurated two bridges they are : Devika and Puneja bridge at Udhampur and Doda districts respectively in Jammu & Kashmir UT. the Devika Bridge was completed within the period of fifteen months and built by Border Roads Organisation (BRO). Border Roads Organisation (BRO) constructed the Puneja Bridge in the period of 36 months. Read Full News
On 24th June 2020, The following proposals has received approval from Union Cabinet they are :
UP’s Kushinagar Airport get status of an International Airport
- In order to provide improved connectivity to Kushinagar City, known as an important Buddhist pilgrimage site, Kushinagar Airport gets International Airport status.
SkillsBuild Reignite and SkillsBuild Innovation Camp
- In order to launch free digital learning platforms named ‘SkillsBuild Reignite’ and ‘SkillsBuild Innovation Camp’, Th Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has come together with IBM (International Business Machines Corporation) India. these platforms will help in providing more new resources to job finders and business owners in the country through BharatSkills learning platform (https://bharatskills.gov.in) of DGT.
About Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) –
Cabinet Minister- Mahendra Nath Pandey
Founded – 9 November 2014
Headquarters – New Delhi
trilateral Virtual conference between Russia-India-China
- On 23th June 2020, trilateral virtual conference was taken place between India-China and Russia after a huge clash between Indian and Chinese troops in Galwan Valley in Ladakh on June 15, during the clash, 20 Indian Army personnel sacrificed for the nation. in last 45 years period, it was the biggest confrontation between India and China. The virtual conference was hosted by Moscow, Russia.
- From India, External Affairs Minister Shri Subrahmanyam Jaishankar ji joined the meeting. on the other hand, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi became the part of the meet.
- During the meeting, Russia urged India and China to resolve the border row through talks.
About China –
Capital – Beijing
President – Xi Jinping
Currency – Renminbi
Vice President – Wang Qishan
About Russia –
President – Vladimir Putin
Capital – Moscow
Currency – Russian Rouble
Prime minister – Mikhail Mishustin
Continent – Europe, Asia
Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar Scheme : Tripura
- The State Govt of Tripura has started off Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar scheme. this scheme aims to provide nutrition kits to all pregnant and lactating women across the state.
- The Govt is making efforts to combat with malnutrition and maternal mortality.
- Apart from this, under Pradhan Mantri Matru Bandana Yojana, beneficiaries will bw given Rs 5000 after the birth of their first child.
About Tripura –
Capital – Agartala
Governor – Ramesh Bais
Chief Minister – Biplab Kumar Deb
Deputy Chief Minister – Jishnu Deb Burman
State animal – Phayre’s leaf monkey
State bird – Green imperial pigeon
State tree – Agar
State flower – Mesua ferrea
State fruit – Queen pineapple
National Parks- Clouded Leopard National Park, Bison National Park
Wildlife Sanctuary(WLS)– Sepahijala WLS, Trishna WLS, Gomati WLS, Rowa WLS
YSR Kapu Nestham Scheme for Women of Kapu : AP
- In order to provide financial support of Rs 75000, The AP State YS Jagan Mohan Reddy begins the Kapu Nestham scheme for women of Kapu community.
- The mian purpose of this scheme is to provide financially empowerment to Kapu women to enhance their livelihoods and living standards with financial assistance.
Points to remember –
- Age limit – 46 to 60
- Community – Kapu
- eligible woman will be given sum of Rs 75000 in the five years period.
- People cane visit Portal: http://navasakam.ap.gov.in/.
About Andhra Pradesh –
Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
Chief minister – Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Statehood – 1 October 1953
Capital City – Amaravati
Largest city -Visakhapatnam
State Mammal – Blackbuck
State Bird – Parrot
State Fish – Korrameenu
State Flower – Jasmine
State Fruit – Mango
State Tree – Neem
State Sport – Kabaddi
Pakistan remaines in Financial Action Task Force’s Grey (FATF) list
- During the meeting, Financial Action Task Force(FATF) has kept Pakistan on the grey list till October month. Pakistan Govt could not succeed to prosecute and penalise terrorist financing before the deadline that was fixed by FATF.
- In February month’s FATF meeting, Pakistan was given a deadline that they have to prosecute and penalise terrorist financing by the month of June. but, The Pakistan govt could not be able to do this.
- Paris plenary FATF has shown their concerns about Pakistan’s failure which are complted before the deadline that ended in September 2019.
- Now FATF sets a new guideline by October 2020 for Pakistan, if Pakistan fails in that case, Pakistan will be kept under “Black List”.
- Grey Listed nations can not get financial aid from the IMF, World Bank, ADB and European Union. they have to face difficulties.
- Non-cooperative nations or a Territories (NCCTs) are kept in black list. at present, North Korea and Iran are black listed.
Indian GDP to Shrink by 4.5 per cent in 2020 : IMF
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has estimated that The GDP of India Country is going to face a big 4.5 per cent contraction in 2020. it will be lowest GDP in last few decades. IMF said in “A Crisis Like No Other, An Uncertain Recovery”.
- At present, the world is suffering with Coronavirus Disease dur to this, This historical decline will be there in GDP at the global level. IMF also expected a global growth rate of negative 4.9 per cent in 2020.
About International Monetary Fund (IMF) –
Managing Director – Kristalina Georgieva
Chief Economist – Gita Gopinath
Founded – 27 December 1945
Headquarters– Washington, D.C
Republic of Mali allows the Project Management Consultancy Contract of 500 MW Solar Park to NTPC
- The Republic of Mali has granted its permission for the Project Management Consultancy (PMC) contract for the development of a 500 MW solar park in Mali to NTPC Limited. NTPC stands for National Thermal Power Corporation Limited. also, the Ambassador of Mali Mr Sekou Kasse honours award letter to Gurdeep Singh CMD of NTPC.
About International Solar Alliance (ISA) –
Headquarters – Gurugram
Founded – 30 November 2015
Founded at – Paris
Director General (DG) – Upendra Tripathy
About National Thermal Power Corporation Limited –
Founded – 1975
Headquarters – New Delhi
Chairman & Managing Director (CMD)– Gurdeep Singh
About Republic of Mali –
Capital – Bamako
Currency – West African CFA franc
President – Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
Prime Minister – Boubou Cissé
Actress Priyanka Chopra and Anurag Kashyap for 45th Edition of TIFF 2020
- The famous actress Priyanka Chopra and Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap have been named for 45th edition of Toronto International Film Festival(TIFF) 2020.
- The festival is going to take place from 10 September and will run till 19 September with physical screenings and drive-ins, digital screenings, virtual red carpets, press conferences and industry talks.
- Along with it, it will be first time when TIFF will begin a digital platform for the festival and this may offer new opportunities for audiences to connect.
About Toronto International Film Festival –
Artistic Director & Co-Head– Cameron Bailey
Executive Director & Co-Head– Joana Vicente
Clare Connor ( Ex England Women Captain ) as 1st Female President of Marylebone Cricket Club
- The Former Women Captain from England Clare Connor has been chosen as president of Marylebone Cricket Club(MCC). she becomes 1st female who gets this position. she will assume post from 1st Octuber 2021 and end her tenure 30 on September 2022. she will take place of Kumar Sangakkara.
- At present, she is serving as head of women’s cricket in the England and Wales Cricket Board (since 2007).
Chief Secretary Sanjay Kumar as Chief Secretary
- The Maharashtra state has selected current Additional Chief Secretary, Sanjay Kumar as its new Chief Secretary. he is going to assume charge from 1st July 2020. Sanjay Kumar will take place of Ajoy Mehta. Ajoy Mehta is going to be retired on 30rd June 2020.
Science and Technology
- The Union Health Minister Shri Harsh Vardhan starts off a mobile application named as eBloodServices. A needy people will be able to demand/order up to 4 units of blood and blood banks will wait for 12 hours after getting order.
- ERaktkosh team of C-DAC India has developed this mobile application. eBloodServices is a kind as an initiative of the Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS). IRCS keeps in mind the aim of ‘Safe blood saves lives’.
About Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) –
Headquarters: New Delhi
Founder: Claude Hill
About Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Headquarters– New Delhi
Minister of State- Ashwini Kumar Choubey
Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport as first airport that gets AWMS at both ends of the runway
- In India, The Kempegowda International Airport has been as the first indian airport that has got Aviation Weather Monitoring System (AWMS) at both sides of the runway.
- Bangalore International Airport(BIAL) has set up AWMS. and Bengaluru-based CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL) played an important role to develop AWMS system.
- Apart from this, BIAL also installed 4 Drishti Transmissometers that are to measure the Runway Visibility Range (RVR).
About National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL) –
Headquarters – Bengaluru
Director – Jitendra J Jadhav
Founded – 1 June 1959
Day of the Seafarer 2020
- The day of 25th June is observed as the Day of the Seafarer by the people across the world. this day pays respect to Seafarers and sailors who has helped or are helping the entire world function by conducting sea transport. in addition, this day will be considered as 10th anniversary on 25 June. Read Full News
Trinamool MLA Tamonash Ghosh passed away
- Due to COVID-19, Trinamool Congress MLA, Tamonash Ghosh has passed away. Tamonash was represented Falta Assembly constituency in South 24 Parganas in West Bengal. Trinamool became three-time MLA from Falta & party treasurer since the year 1998.
Q.1 what is Day of the Seafarer?
this day pays respect to Seafarers and sailors who has helped or are helping the entire world function by conducting sea transport.
Q.2 What is the aim of eBloodServices App
A needy people will be able to demand/order up to 4 units of blood and blood banks will wait for 12 hours after getting order.