Today Top Current Affairs 26 December 2020
Daily Current Affairs 26 December 2020: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 26 December 2020 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our daily current affairs.
Karnataka launches ‘FRUITS’ portal for farmers
The Karnataka State Govt has launched an e-governance portal called FRUITS. it stands for ‘Farmer Registration and Unified beneficiary Information System. it aims to give the benefit of the farmers of the state.
- Also, the FRUITS portal will help in building a repository of farmland information and farm loan details on a single platform.
- On the portal, All farmers of the state will be provided with an identification number.
- The banks and lending institutions will be able to check the land details of farmers and their existing borrowings.
- In the beginning, Canara Bank will offer services on a pilot basis.
Punjab State launched PR Insight mobile app and web portal
On 23rd December 2020, Punjab state Govt has started off Mobile Application and web portal named ‘PR Insight’. it aims to make improvement in the delivery of citizen-centric services and Govt will receive feedbacks from citizens on govt policies.
- The main purpose of PR Insight is to get te people’s satisfaction on govt’s schemes and programmes by getting feedback.
- the Information & Public Relations Department developed ‘PR Insight’ app.
About the app
- ‘PR Insight’ app will offer one repository & dashboard which will be related to news articles & social media posts.
- Over 30 Newspaper agencies/portals will be brought under one roof.
- The Dashboard will have latest news articles which will be taken from these newspaper agencies.
The first Lithium refinery of India will be installed in Gujarat
In Gujarat, The first Lithium refinery of the country will be started construction soon.
- Manikaran Power Limited is going to spend almost Rs 1,000 crore to establish this refinery.
- Manikaran is known as the largest power trading and renewable energy company in India.
- The refinery will play a role in producing battery-grade material.
- The company is planning to import Lithium ore from Australia and later, it will be processed in in Gujarat state.
PayU begins tokenised payments for merchants with Google Pay
The PayU is going to start off tokenised payments for merchants in the collaboration of Google Pay.
- Google Pay users will be allowed to make recurring payments with their debit cards, credit cards, or Google Pay UPI, to a PayU merchant and they will not need to share card details.
- Tokenised payments are considered as highly convenient, safe, and friction-free payment system.
Jairam Ramesh and Amit Ahuja received Kamaladevi NIF Book Prize for 2020
The Ex-Union minister Jairam Ramesh and U.S.-based academician Amit Ahuja have been honoured with Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay New India Foundation (NIF) Book Prize 2020. they earned this award for a non-fiction book on contemporary/ modern India.
- They also got a cash prize of Rs 15 lakh and it was the 3rd edition.
- Ahuja received the award for his book ‘Mobilizing the Marginalized: Ethnic Parties without Ethnic Movements’ (Oxford University Press).
- Jairam Ramesh got the award ‘A Chequered Brilliance: The Many Lives of VK Krishna Menon’ (Penguin Random House)”.
83 years old Former England batsman John Edrich died
The Former first-class batsman from England John Edrich has taken his last breathed at the age of 83.
- He was a left-handed batsman and played cricket between 1956 and 1978.
John Edrich Stats:
- Test matches – 77
- Runs – 5,000 runs
- triple-century – 1965 (he scored the 5th highest Test score).
Urdu poet Shamsur Rahman Faruqi passed away
The Noted Urdu poet and critic Shamsur Rahman Faruqi has taken his last breath at the age of 85. he was suffering from COVID-19.
- In 1996, Shamsur Rahman achieved Saraswati Samman for ‘She’r-e Shor-Angez’.
- Along with it, he was honoured with Padma Shri award from Indian Govt.