Today Top Current Affairs 26 April 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 26 April 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 26 April 2020 conceded here. Today Top Current Affairs 26 April 2020.
Central Govt set up IMCTs for On-Spot COVID-19 assessment
- The Indian Govt has set up Inter-Ministerial Central Teams (IMCTs). it aims to make an on-spot assessment of Covid-19 situation. the situtions are being serious in major hotspot districts or emerging hotspots such as:
Hotspots Districts in India
- Ahmedabad and Surat (Gujarat)
- Thane (Maharashtra)
- Hyderabad (Telangana)
- Chennai (Tamil Nadu).
The govt Manipur celebrates “Khongjom Day” at War Memorial Complex
- The Manipur state Government celebrated “Khongjom Day” at Khongjom War Memorial Complex, Thoubal, Manipur.
- Khongjom Day marks to make people remember about people who valiantly fought in the Anglo-Manipuri War in 1891.
About Manipur :
Governor – Najma Heptulla
Chief Minister – N. Biren Singh
Formation – 21 January 1972
Capital – Imphal.
Uttar Pradesh as first state who have with in-house facility of virtual courts
- Due to with a software-based in-house facility of virtual courts, Uttar Pradesh has become the first state in india who have such kind of facility. Allahabad High Court and all its courts are using software-based in-house facility for hearing cases via a video conferencing.
About Uttar Pradesh :
Capital – Lucknow
Governor – Anandiben Patel
Chief minister – Yogi Adityanath
Chief Secretary- Rajendra kumar Tiwari
Director General of Police – H.C. Awasthy
Iran successfully launched its 1st military satellite “Noor”
- Iran Country has sent its 1st-ever military satellite named as “Noor” into the space. ‘Noor’ satellite has arrived in its orbit and Noor is 425km distance from earth and rounding above the earth’s surface. the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps [IRGC], is a iran’s armed forces, has launched satellite Noor into orbit.
About Iran :
President: Hassan Rouhani
Currency: Iranian rial
Singapore’s Caladium gains 4.49 per cent stake in Bandhan Bank
- The Investment of Singapore’s Caladium has increased to 4.49 per cent from 3.39 per cent in Bandhan Bank. now, Caladium Investment PTE Ltd will have shares of Bandhan Bank with worth of 7.2 crore rupees.
About Singapore :
Currency – Singapore dollar
President – Halimah Yacob
Prime Minister – Lee Hsien Loong
About Bandhan Bank :
Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal.
MD & CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh.
Tagline: Aapka Bhala, Sabki Bhalai.
Founder: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
Australian All-rounder Graeme Watson passes away
- The Former All-Rounder player of Australia cricket Graeme Watson passed away.
- He used to play in middle-order as batsman and was a medium-pace bowler.
- He had played only 5 Test matchs between 1966-67 and 1972. in ODI format, he played two ODIs matchs in 1972.
- in addition, during the 1966-67 tour of South Africa, he achived a national call up .
About West Bengal –
Governor – Jagdeep Dhankhar
Capital – Kolkata
Chief Minister – Mamata Banerjee
Official Language – Bengali.
‘e-karyalay’ app launched by CISF
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) begun an e-office app named as ‘e-karyalay’. this app will ensure to help the movement of files and documents of CISF without any physical touch. this is a step to prevant coronavirus infection.
About CISF :
Headquarters – New Delhi
Minister – Amit Shah
Motto – Protection and Security
Director-General – Rajesh Ranjan
World Intellectual Property Day
- Every year, the day of 26th April is celebrated as World Intellectual Property Day. in 2000, this day was made by World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).
- This day marks to spread awareness of how patents, copyright, trademarks and designs impact on daily life.
About World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) –
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
CEO: Francis Gurry
Founded: 14 July 1967
International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day
- Every year, the day of 26th April is observed as International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day in the world. this day highlights to spread awareness of the consequences of the Chernobyl disaster and the risks of nuclear energy in general.
For ‘Recharge Saathi’ plan, Vodafone Idea tie up with Paytm
- Telecome company Vodafone idea has shaked hands with Paytm to start the ‘Recharge Saathi’ program. This program will enable people to get additional income for individuals and small businesses. Vodafone Idea will give cashback offers to merchant partners for multiple recharges.
About Paytm :
Founder – Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Founded – August 2010, Noida
CEO – Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Headquarters – Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
About Vodafone :
CEO – Nick Read
Headquarters – Berkshire, United Kingdom
Founders – Gerry Whent, Ernest Harrison.
About Idea :
CEO – Ravinder Takkar
Headquarters – Gandhinagar
Science and Technology News
Hubble Space Telescope anniversary
- On the day of 24 April 2020, The Hubble Space Telescope has celebrated its 30th anniversary. along with it, the telescope’s unique design has been given allowence for repairing and upgrading with advanced technology by astronauts.
Today top Current Affairs 26 April 2020, read and share Today Top Current Affairs 26 April 2020 to your friends.
Q.1 Why is Khongjom Day celeberated?
Khongjom Day is celebrated by Mainput to make people remember about people who valiantly fought in the Anglo-Manipuri War in 1891.
Q.2 What is e-karyalay App by CISF?
‘e-karyalay’ app by CISF will ensure to help the movement of files and documents of CISF without any physical touch. this is a step to prevant coronavirus infection.