Today Top Current Affairs 26 & 27 July 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 26 & 27 July 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 26 & 27 July 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 26 & 27 July 2020.
In order to support India-Russia collaboration joint R&D and cross-country technology adaptation, 15 Crore amount fund launched by DST
- The Department of Science and Technology (DST) has issued joint India-Russia Joint Technology Assessment and Accelerated Commercialization Program with the help of ussia’s Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises (FASIE).
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) is going to implement the program and also will provide funds on behalf of the DST.
- DST is going to provide 15 Crore rupee funds to SMEs/Start-ups and apart from this, FASIE will fund to the Russian projects.
India extends medical assistance to North Korea
- The Indian Government has decided to extend medical assistance in the form of anti-tuberculosis medicines which are worth of almost US$ 1 million to Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK). this help is a part of ongoing WHO’s anti-tuberculosis programme in DPRK.
India set up first electrified rail tunnel of the world
- India is going to set up World’s first electrified rail tunnel which will have ability to run double stack containers. this electrified rail tunnel will be one kilometer (km) long. it passess through Aravali mountain on the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC) near Sohna, Haryana.
- DFCCIL (Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India LTD) is working on this project.
World Class State of the Art Honey Testing Lab : Gujarat
- The Agriculture and Farmers’ welfare’s Minister shri Narendra Singh Tomar ji has commenced the ‘World Class State of Art Honey Testing Laboratory’ at Anand, Gujarat.
- The Lab was installed by National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) in the collaboration of NBB (National Bee Board). in addition, Narendra Singh Tomar also introduced ‘Two Days Online Training Program on Scientific Honey bee production’ and it was conducted by NDDB.
Founder – Verghese Kurien
Headquarters – Anand, Gujrat, India
Chairman – Shri Sanjay Agarwal
Vice Chairman – Ms. Vashudha Mishra
Hyderabad city is at 16th in World’s most Surveilled Cities : Comparitech
- As per report of the Comparitech, Hyderabad has got 16th place in the terms of maximum number of Closed-circuit television (CCTV) surveillance cameras. Comparitech reviewed 150 major cities across the world.
- on the other hand, Taiyuan city has topped in the list and Chennai and Delhi are at 21st and 33rd place which get in the top 50 list. in the terms of 20 most populated cities in the world, Tokyo city has got first place and followed by Delhi is at 2nd place.
FAO : India is at 3rd position in gaining forest area in world
- As per report of Global Forest Resources Assessment (FRA) 2020, Indian country has acheived 3rd rank among the top 10 countries. the report shows the data of period between 2010 and 2020. and report has been brought out by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations (UN),
- FRA 2020 has studied over 60 forest-related variables in 236 countries during the period of 1990–2020. in the report, India has shwon 0.38% annual gain in forest which is almost 266,000 hactres of forest increase per year at an average.
- At the world level, 12.5 million people were got employment in the forestry sector. and India registered 50 per cent of total with 6.23 million.
400 million dollars Currency Swap Facility for Sri Lanka by RBI
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to provide USD 400 million currency swap facility for Sri Lanka . however, this facility will be valid till November 2022. due to this, Sri Lanka will meet with its short-term international liquidity requirements and will help to increase its foreign exchange reserves following the economic crisis resulting from COVID-19 Disease.
About Sri Lanka
Capital – Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
Currency– Sri Lankan Rupee
President– Gotabaya Rajapaksa
Prime Minister– Mahinda Rajapaksa
As per RBI Financial Stability Report, Gross NPA of banks, expected to rise to 12.5 per cent by March 2021
- As per Financial Stability Report (FSR) by RBI, has shown that the gross nonperforming assets (GNPA) ratio of banks will increase to 12.5 per cent from 8.5 per cent in March 2020. if the conditions remains worst then ratio can hit 14.7 per cent mark.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Formation– 1 April 1935
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
ICICI Bank net grow 36 percent to Rs. 2,599 crore
- ICICI Bank Ltd has shown its first quarter standalone profit which is increased 36 per cent from 1,908 crore rupees to 2599 crore rupees. Along with it, Core operating profit is also increased by 15 per cent and reached 7,014 crore rupees. however, net interest income (NII) has been went up by 20 per cent and reaches at 9,280 crore rupees.
Indian Bank reduces its interest rate on gold loans to 7 per cent
- Indian Bank has cut its interest rate on gold loans to 7 per cent for farmers. Bank has reduced interest rate on its short-term gold loan schemes that is Bumper Agri Jewel, before cutting interest rate it was at 7.5%. Bank has taken this step due to COVID-19 Disease
MHRD makes a panel to form guidelines for more students studying in India
- The Human Resource Development HRD’s Union Minister Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal has made an announcement of setting up a panel. the panel aims to form guidelines and provide suggestions measures to ensure that more students study in the country.
Science and technology
IIT to research to develop home-based testing kit
- Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi has announced that they have started off conducting research to develop a home-based COVID-19 testing kit. the kits wull help to find if there are antibodies in the patients’s blood samples. as a result, institute has signed a MoU with Wells Fargo that is going to provide financially support to develop a home-based COVID-19 testing kit.
Haryana will host 4th edition of 2021 Khelo Games
- Haryana state is going to host the 4th edition of the Khelo India Youth Games. this event will held after the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju has announced about it via video conference in the presence of CM Manohar Lal Khattar. Khelo India Youth Games 2021 will be organized in Panchkula.
In order to create employment, TN govt signs 16 MoUs worth 5,137 crore rupees
- Tamil Nadu(TN) state govt has made 16 Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with the worth of approx 5,137 crore rupees in order to create employment opportunities for over 6,555 people in the state. 6 MoUs Out of 16 MoUs, were directly signed and remaining signed through virtual link. 7 MoUs are related to the technology space. and 6 MoUs will be from Chennai and rest one will be in Coimbatore.
Karnataka Digital Economy Mission 2020
- The State Govt of Karnataka has given its approval for formation of the Karnataka Digital Economy Mission. the main purpose of this mission was to boost more than 7000 start-ups, e-commerce, and other gig economy companies in the State.
The former President of Tanzania Benjamin Mkapa died
- The former President of Tanzania Benjamin Mkapa has died at the age of 81. he was admitted in hospital in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. he was suffering with undisclosed illness.