Today Top Current Affairs 25 October 2021
Daily Current Affairs 25th October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
★★★★ Attempt Test ★★★★
|★★ Daily Current Affairs Quiz 25th October 2021 ★★|
|Static GK Quiz Questions and Answers Set 144|
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions And Answers Set 48|
UIDAI hosts first-ever Aadhaar Hackathon 2021
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) will conduct the first-ever Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 for young innovators. it will be held between October 28 (midnight) and will run till October 31, 2021.
- Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 is themed around two topics.
- The first theme is around “Enrolment and Update”, which essentially covers some of the real-life challenges being faced by the residents while updating their address
- The second theme of the Hackathon is around the “Identity and Authentication”.
- The winners would be rewarded by UIDAI through prize money and other lucrative benefits.
- Students can make their Registration for Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 using website https://hackathon.uidai.gov.in/.
Indian Telegraph Right of Way (Amendment) Rules, 2021
On 21st October 2021, The Department of Telecom (DoT) has notified the Indian Telegraph Right of Way (Amendment) Rules, 2021. The after the amendment, the new law will help in easing the Right of Way (RoW) related permission and procedures for the establishment and augmentation of Digital Communications Infrastructure across the country.
- The amount of one-time compensation for the establishment of overground telegraph line will be maximum ₹1,000 per km.
- No fee will be taken for establishing, maintaining, working, repairing, transferring or shifting the underground and overground telegraph infrastructure.
- Only Administrative fee and Restoration charges will be charged.
- Documentation for Right of Way (RoW) application will be simplified.
Election Commission Of India Launches Garuda App For Digital Mapping Of Polling Booths
The Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched the Garuda app for the digital mapping of all polling stations. the Garuda app will contain data such as latitude and longitude of the polling stations and will ensure faster, smarter, transparent, and timely completion of election work.
- BLOs will be able to upload photos and location information of the polling stations from registered mobile numbers.
- The App can track several facilities like toilets, wheelchair, drinking water, electricity, sheds, chairs, ramps for differently-abled.
Deepika Padukone as Global brand ambassador of Adidas
Adidas has appointed Bollywood actor Deepika Padukone as its global brand ambassador, Deepika Padukone will sponsor Adidas women globally.
- Padukone becomes the part of list of female brand ambassadors of Adidas in India.
- weightlifting heavyweight Mirabai Chanu, boxers Lovlina Borgohain, Nikhat Zareen and Simranjeet Kaur, sprinter Hima Das, and squash player Dipika Pallikal have already joined the list.
“Writing for My Life” anthology of Ruskin Bond
A new anthology of Ruskin Bond named “Writing for My Life: The Very Best of Ruskin”, has been released and it is having the most exemplary stories, essays, poems, and memories by celebrated award-winning author Ruskin Bond.
- The book was published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI).
- Prior to this, his another anthology, “The Best of Ruskin Bond” was released before the new one.
China launches satellite ‘Shijian-21’ to test space debris mitigation technologies
On 24th October 2021, China successfully launched a new satellite named Shijian-21 to test and verify space debris mitigation technologies. The Shijian-21 has been launched by a Long March-3B carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest China’s Sichuan Province.
- Shijian-21 satellite will help in testing and verify space debris mitigation technologies.
South Korea launches first homegrown space rocket Nuri
South Korea has launched its first homegrown rocket named “Korean Satellite Launch Vehicle II” or “Nuri” (The word NURI means “world” in Old Korean language) into space. it is the country’s first domestically built rocket and was launched from Goheung, about 500km (310 miles) south of Seoul.
- The launch of “Nuri” was to have military applications.
- Nuri rocket is 47.2 meters long and has a weight of 200 tons.
- It has six liquid-fuelled engines, and has been built at an estimated cost of 2 trillion won (£1.23bn or $1.6bn).
- Prior to this, South Korea launched Naro-1, was jointly built with Russia.
Viktor Axelsen and Akane Yamaguchi Won 2021 Denmark Open Title
Olympic badminton champion Viktor Axelsen has clinched the 2021 Denmark Open title, defeated Momota Kento of Japan in the final. The Victor Denmark Open 2021 badminton tournament was conducted at the Odense Sports Park in Odense, Denmark. It was held between 19th October 2021 and 24 October 2021.
|Men’s single||Viktor Axelsen (Denmark)||Kento Momota (Japan)|
|Women’s single||Akane Yamaguchi (Japan)||An Se-young (South Korea)|
|Men’s double||Takuro Hoki (Japan),|
Yugo Kobayashi (Japan)
|Kim Astrup (Denmark)|
Anders Skaarup Rasmussen
|Women’s double||Huang Dongping (China)|
Zheng Yu (China)
|Lee Sohee (South Korea)|
Shin Seungchan (South Korea)
|Mixed double||Yuta Watanabe (Japan)|
Arisa Higashino (Japan)
Nagaland to host 56th National Cross Country Championship in 2022
Nagaland will host 56th National Cross Country Championship in 2022 to promote athletics in the Northeast region of the country, which will be held on January 15, 2022. the 56th National Cross Country Championships will be the first-ever national athletics event hosted by Nagaland.
- Top athletes will participate in the day-long international sports event, will be from South Asian countries including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
- The 2022 South Asian Federation Cross Country Championships include different types of terrain such as sprint over dirt, jog downhill and mount uphill, and so on.