Today Top Current Affairs 25 November 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Today top Current Affairs 25 November 2020 includes top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
National Current Affairs
Ravi Shankar Prasad commences UMANG International version
On 23rd November 2020, Ravi Shankar Prasad has commenced an international version of the UMANG app. UMANG app has completed its 3 years.
- However, it is available for select countries they are USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, Netherlands, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
- It purposes to help Indian international students, NRIs and Indian tourists abroad in order to provide Indian govt services.
When and Who UMANG launched –
- launched date: 23 November 2017
- launched by: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- when: 5th Global Conference on Cyberspace
- Where: New Delhi
Har Ghar Nal Yojna by PM Modi
PM Modi has commenced Har Ghar Nal Yojna for Mirzapur and Sonbhadra districts region on 22nd November 2020. As per the yojana, 5555.38 crore rupees will be spent on water projects in UP’s districts.
- In the sum of amount, Sonbhadra will receive 3212.18 crore rupees and Mirzapur district will be provided 2343.20 crore rupees for water projects.
- Over 41 lakh families will get the benefits after water supply via pipelines.
- The Yojana will be achieved in a period of 2 years.
Meeting Current Affairs
4th Global Conference on Criminal Finances and Cryptocurrencies
Interpol has conducted the 4th edition of Global Conference on Criminal Finances and Cryptocurrencies in the collaboration of Europol and Basel Institute on Governance. the Conference was held between 18th November and 19th November 2020.
- Almost 2000 representatives of 132 nations joined this Conference.
- The main purpose of it was to strengthen the knowledge, expertise and exchange best practices for inquiries.
Defence Current Affairs
DRDO chief flagged off Varunastra
The DRDO Chairman Shri Satheesh Reddy Ji unveiled the 1st heavyweight torpedo Varunastra during a ceremony in Visakhapatnam Unit, Andhra Pradesh on 21st November 2020. it will be given to the Indian Navy.
- The NSTL (Naval Science and Technological Laboratory) has designed and developed Varunastra and NSTL has used 95% Indigenous contents to make it.
- Varunastra is a kind of Indian advanced anti-submarine Torpedo and it can be fired from Ships and as well as Submarines.
- It is capable to carry 250 Kilogram of the conventional warhead.
Varunastra Speed –
- 40 Knots or 74 Kms per hour
Varunastra weight –
- The weight of Varunastra is almost 1.25 tons
About Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) –
Founded – 1958
Headquarters – New Delhi
Obituary Current Affairs
55 years old TV actor Ashiesh Roy died
Famous TV actor Ashiesh Roy has taken his last breath at the age of 55 due to kidney failure.
- He has worked in various TV shows and films. he started his acting career in the year 1997.
Ashiesh Roy worked in TV Shows –
- Movers & Shakers, Yes Boss, Remix, Baa Bahoo Aur Baby, Chaldi Da Naam Gaddi, Burey Bhi Hum Bhale Bhi Hum, Sasural Simar Ka, Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi, Mere Angne Mein, Aarambh.
International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
The day of 25th November is observed as International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. this day highlights violence against women and women have to suffer from physical, sexual, or psychological harm.