Today Top Current Affairs 25 June 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 25 June 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 25 June 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 25 June 2020.
MSMEs begin Funding Scheme named as “Distressed Assets Fund–Sub-ordinate Debt for MSMEs” in order to help the Distressed MSME Sector
- On 24th June 2020, Minister of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) Shri Nitin Gadkari has launched the Credit Guarantee Scheme for Sub-ordinate debt(CGSSD) named as “Distressed Assets Fund–Sub-ordinate Debt for MSMEs”. it aims to provide Rs 20000 crore guarantee cover to around two lakh MSMEs.
- Shri Nitin Gadkari ji commences the scheme formally. after that, there were some formalities such as approval of CCEA and consultation with the Finance Ministry, SIDBI and RBI among others, was taken completed.
About Scheme –
- SMEs Promoters will receive credit equal to 15 per cent of their stake(Equity plus debt) or Rs 75 lakh.
- MSMEs has kept maximum tenure of 10 years duration for repayment.
- Credit Guarantee Fund Trust is going to operation the scheme for MSEs (CGTMSE).
About MSMEs –
Founded – 2007
Headquarters – New Delhi
MOS independent charge – Giriraj Singh
Union Minister – Nitin Gadkari
India as 3rd largest Economy and China Tops: World Bank Data
- As per World Bank Data, India Nation has retained its place as the third-largest economy on basis of purchasing power parity (PPP) for 2017. India keeps 6.7 per cent or $8,051 billion out of world total of $119,547 billion of global Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- However, China (First place) is as top most with 16.4 per cent and followed by US (2nd place) with 16.3 per cent.
- To Sum up, 19 economies are paying contribution three-quarters of global GDP and representing around 64 per cent of the global population.
About World Bank –
Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
Membership: 189 countries (IBRD); 173 countries (IDA)
Founded: July 1944
Founders: John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White
Indira Rasoi Yojana : Rajasthan
- The Rajasthan state government is planning to launch a new kitchen scheme named after former Prime Minister Shrimati Indira Gandhi ji. this new Scheme will provide nutritious food to the poor and needy two times in a day at concessional rates.
- Along with it, Raj state government is going to spend Rs. 100 crore every year on the scheme’s implementation.
- The Chief Minister (CM) Shri Ashok Gehlot said that Indira Rasoi Yojana will focus to fulfil the State government’s promise of “no one sleeps hungry”. Read Full News
In order to educate 50 Lakh students, Haryana State partners with Reliance Jio TV
- On 23th June 2020, Education Minister of Haryana State Shri Kanwar Pal Stated that The Haryana Govt has signed an agreement with Reliance Jio TV in order to educate almost 52 lakh rural students amid COVID-19 pandemic.
About Reliance Industries Limited –
Chairman and Managing Director– Mukesh D. Ambani
Founder Chairman– Dhirubhai Ambani
About Haryana –
Governor– Satyadeo Narain Arya
Chief Minister– Manohar Lal Khattar
State Mammal – Black buck
State Bird – Black francolin
State Flower – Lotus
State Tree – Peepal
Ektu Khelo, Ektu Padho initiative : Tripura
- On 25th June 2020, The Education Minister of Tripura State Shri Ratan Lal Nath has introduced an initiative named as ‘Ektu Khelo, Ektu Padho’ (Play little, Study little) for school students upto class 8.
- Students will have access using android phones and they will be given audio and video contents on learning activities. along with it, Fun and gaming activities will be provided through Social app WhatsApp Education Minister Said.
About Tripura –
Governor – Ramesh Bais
Chief Minister – Biplab Kumar Deb
Deputy Chief Minister – Jishnu Deb Burman
State animal – Phayre’s leaf monkey
State bird – Green imperial pigeon
State tree – Agar
State flower – Mesua ferrea
State fruit – Queen pineapple
Employment Guarantee Scheme : Jharkhand
- On 21th June 2020, Jharkhand State has begun a 100-day employment scheme named as “Mukhyamantri SHRAMIK (Shahri Rozgar Manjuri For Kamgar) Yojana”. Mukhyamantri SHRAMIK Yojana will help to boost the livelihoods and securities of urban poor. in other words, This scheme follows footpath of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
About Jharkhand –
Formation – 15 November 2000
Capital – Ranchi
Chief minister – Hemant Soren
Governor – Draupadi Murmu
Largest city – Jamshedpur
State Mammal – Indian elephant
State Bird – Asian – Koel
State Flower – Palash
State Tree – Sal
Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme by MP Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company
- The Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited(MPMKVVCL) has started off the Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme in order to empower women. as per scheme, women Self-Help Groups would work as Nishtha Vidyut Mitra.
- The scheme will provide a helping hand to boost the revenue collection of the company and along with it, women will be able to earn additional income.
About Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited (MPMKVVCL) –
Managing Director (MD) – Vishesh Garhpale
India announces USD 10 mn to UNRWA Over Next 2 Years
- India is going to contribute $10 million towards UNRWA for upcoming next two years. India announced it During an Extraordinary Virtual Ministerial Pledging Conferences for United Nations(UN) Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA).
- Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs, Shri Vellamvelly Muraleedharan ji addressed the conference From Indian side.
- India country avails 250 annual scholarships to Palestinian youth and officials and along with it, provides regular customised training programmes to them.
About UNRWA –
Headquarters : Amman, Jordan
Commissioner-General: Christian Saunders
Fields: Humanitarian aid
Budget: 92.5 crores USD
About Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) –
Headquarters: New Delhi
Founded: 2 September 1946
Minister of State : V. Muraleedharan
Minister : Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
As per UNICEF Report, Almost 120 Million Children pushs into Poverty in South Asian Region due to CORONA Virus
- On 23th June 2020, The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) published its report that focues on the South Asian region on the impacts of CORONA-Virus on children. accroding to the report, nearly 140 million children have been pushed into poverty and food insecurity in the next 6 months.
About UNICEF –
Headquarters – New York, United States
Head – Henrietta H. Fore
Founded – 11 December 1946
Founders – United Nations General Assembly, Ludwik Rajchman
April 2020 : India as 12th Largest Holder of US govt Securities however, Japan as topper
- As per Data of United States (US) Treasury Department, India has recieved 12th Position as largest holder of US government securities till april 2020. India is having US government securities worth of $157.4 billion. however, this was nominal increment compared to last year.
- Japan becomes topper with US$1.266 trillion in the terms of US government securities. followed by China and United Kingdom (UK) achieved 2nd and 3rd position respectively.
About USA –
Capital – Washington, D.C.
President – Donald Trump
Vice President – Mike Pence
Currency – United States dollar
The first ever Gold-backed US Digital Gold Currency of World, in India
- IBMC Financial Professionals Group has introduced the world’s first monetary gold-backed US Gold digital currency in India in the collaboration of US Gold Currency Inc and Blockfills. The currency was introduced from Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) during IBMC Hybrid Event and officials from the US Gold Currency, Asia-Africa Development Council, GSEF and Blockfills USA were present while launching.
About IBMC Financial Professionals Group –
Chairman– Sheikh Khalid Bin Ahmed Al Hamed
CEO & MD– Mr Sajith Kumar PK
About Blockfills –
Headquarters– Chicago, USA
Ind-Ra : Indian GDP to shrinkage by 5.3 per cent in FY21 and will increase in FY22
- As per Data of India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra), The India’s Gross domestic Product (GDP) is going to shrink by 5.3 per cent in FY20-21 which will bw lowest GDP growth in the India’s history. however, The GDP will bounce back to 5 – 6 per cent for the FY21-22.
- After FY58, FY66, FY67, FY73 and FY80, It will be lowest GDP growth in the history of India.
About Ind-Ra –
MD & CEO – Rohit Karan Sawhney
Lifetime Achievement Award to Gulabbai Sangamnerkar and Madhuvanti Dandekar
- The Culture Minister of Maharashtra State Shri Amit Deshmukh made an announcement that The senior tamasha (folk art) artist, Gulabbai Sangamnerkar will be honoured with Vithabai Narayangaokar lifetime achievement award 2018-19.
- Along with it, Veteran theatre actress-singer Madhuvanti Dandekar will be honoured with Sangeetacharya Annasaheb Kirloskar musical theatre lifetime achievement award for her contributions.
About Maharashtra –
Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Formation – 1 May 1960
Chief Minister – Uddhav Thackeray
Deputy Chief Minister – Ajit Pawar
State Mammal – Indian giant squirrel
State Bird – Yellow-footed green pigeon
State Insect – Blue Mormon
State Flower – Jarul
State Tree – Mango Tree
Rabi Sankar as new Chairman of IFTAS
- Indian Financial Technology & Allied Services (IFTAS) has chosen Mr T Rabi Sankar as its new Chairman of the organization.
- At present, Sankar is serving as Executive Director, Reserve Bank of India for Payment Systems, Information Technology, Risk Management. Read More
Science and Technology
‘YUKTI 2.0’ platform
- The Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ ji has started off “YUKTI 2.0” platform. YUKTI 2.0 platform will ensure in systematically adopting the technologies having commercial potential and information that will be related to incubated startups in our higher education institutions. Read More
Wasim Jaffer as head coach of Uttarakhand cricket team
- Former Indian opener Wasim Jaffer has been chosen as new head coach of the Uttarakhand cricket team. he was most run-getter in Ranji Trophy. he took retirement from cricket in March year 2020. now, he is going to play role as a lead trainer with a Team. Read More
Director Joel Schumacher passes away
- On Monday morning, The famous Costume designer and turned director Joel Schumacher has passed away at the age of 80. he was suffering with cancer. unfortunately, he lost a year-long battle with disease. he was known for helming films such as“St Elmo’s Fire”, “Falling Down” as well as two “Batman” movies. Read More
Former Karnataka basketball player K Raghunath passed away
- The Former basketball star player from Karnataka state K Raghunath has passed away. he was known as one of the founding members of the still-popular Beagles Basketball Club. he started his career in 1958.
Q.1 what is Indira Rasoi Yojana ?
Indira Rasoi Yojana aims to provide nutritious food to the poor and needy two times in a day at concessional rates.
Q.2 What is the aim of Employment Guarantee Scheme ?
Mukhyamantri SHRAMIK Yojana will help to boost the livelihoods and securities of urban poor. in other words, This scheme follows footpath of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).