Today Top Current Affairs 25 April 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
PM Modi inaugurated development projects worth Rs 22,000 crores in Dahod
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the various projects worth pf Rs. 22,000 crore during the Adijati Maha Sammelan event in Dahod in Gujarat. also, PM Modi has the foundation stone. Dahod District Southern Area Regional Water Supply Scheme was inaugurated by Prime Minister at Narmada River Basin (Rs 840 crore) and Dahod Smart City (Rs 335 crore).
- The projects include Integrated Command & Control Centre (ICCC) Building, Storm water drainage system, Sewerage works, Solid Waste Management System and Rain Water Harvesting System. Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, benefits worth Rs. 120 crore were provided to 10,000 tribes of Panchmahal and Dahod districts.
Patrick Achi re-appointed as Prime Minister of Ivory Coast
President Alassane Ouattara has re-appointed Patrick Achi as Prime Minister of Ivory Coast. prior to this, Patrick was appointed prime minister in March 2021.
- Achi became the third prime minister in the West African state (Ivory Coast) in the last three years after Amadou Gon Coulibaly (who died in 2020) and Hamed Bakayoko (who died in 2021).
Ajay Kumar Sood as Principal Scientific Advisor to GoI
Ajay Kumar Sood has been appointed as Principal Scientific Advisor to the government. he will serve as Principal Scientific Advisor for a period of three years.
- Ajay Kumar Sood will replace renowned biologist K VijayRaghavan.
- the appointment of Sood as Principal Scientific Advisor to the government was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- Sood is a member of the Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council to the Prime Minister.
NIXI-CSC and Tripura signed an MOU to set up International Data Centre
The state govt of Tripura has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the NIXI-CSC Data Services Centre for developing an international grade Data Centre.
- the National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) and CSE e-governance services Ltd formed a joint venture called “NIXI-CSC Data Services Centre” to set up the projected Data Centre.
- As per the agreement, the state government will host its data in the projected Data Centre and will be provided data to the state at no cost.
- AK Bhattacharjee, in-charge director of the IT department and NIXI-CSC Data Services Centre CEO Anil Jain signed the MoU.
Babita Singh selected as new Global Peace Ambassador 2022
Babita Singh has been elected as the new Global Peace Ambassador 2022 for her work in promoting peace through education, sports, art, culture, and diplomacy at the India International Conclave 2022.
- the India International Conclave 2022 was held on 16th April 2022 in Shangrila, New Delhi with the help of Asia Africa Consortium (AAC).
Vivek Lall Selected for the 6th Entrepreneur Leadership Award 2022
The Indo-American Chamber of Commerce has selected Vivek Lall for the prestigious Entrepreneur Leadership Awards in appreciation of his contribution to the defence sector. Vivek Lall is an Indian-American chief executive of General Atomics Global Corporation.
- 53 years old Vivek Lall has been chosen for the ‘Global Leader in the Defence and Aviation Sector’ award and he will be awarded online on Friday during an awards ceremony.
Russia tests RS-28 SARMAT missile
The Russian military has successfully test-fired the world’s “most powerful” nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile named “RS-28 SARMAT, which is dubbed “Satan 2” by NATO.
- RS-28 Sarmat is a super-heavy, thermonuclear-armed intercontinental-range ballistic missile.
- It was designed in 1962.
- It has a weight of 200 metric tonnes (220 tonnes).
- it can target a longer range and can also fly across the North and South poles and strike targets anywhere on the planet.
- It is capable of carrying a big nuclear payload.
Five Cricketers of the Year for 2022
The Wisden Almanack has selected Indian batsman and captain Rohit Sharma and bowler Jasprit Bumrah among the Five Cricketers of the Year 2022.
- Rohit Sharma scored 368 runs at an average of 52.57 in four Tests and made his first Test century away from home.
Wisden Cricketers of the Year 2022 List
|2.||Devon Conway||New Zealand|
|5.||Dan Van Niekerk||South Africa|
West Indies All-Rounder Kieron Pollard retires from Cricket
West Indies all-rounder Kieron Pollard has decided to take his retirement from international cricket. Pollard was the captain of West Indies’ limited-overs teams and played a total of 123 ODIs and 101 T20Is.
- Kieron Pollard has been an integral part of the Mumbai Indians team in the Indian Premier League and was retained by the franchise ahead of the mega auction in February 2022.
- He was part of the West Indies team that won the 2012 ICC WT20.
- in 2016, he could not play his second T20 World Cup tournament due to injury.
‘Khelo India Uni Games 2021’ mobile app Launched
The 2nd edition of the Khelo India University Games will be held in the tech capital Bengaluru and has been scheduled to begin on the 24th of April 2022. ‘Khelo India Uni Games 2021’ mobile app has been launched.
- the unique ‘Khelo India Uni Games 2021’ mobile app will offer a one-stop-shop for all information regarding the prestigious event.
- Khelo India University Games will be India’s first largest mass participation sporting event.
World Book and Copyright Day 2022
World Book and Copyright Day are observed on April 23 every year, to promote the enjoyment of books and reading. it also recognizes the scope of books – a link between the past and the future, a bridge between generations and across cultures. this day is also known as ‘International Day of the Book’ and ‘World Book Day.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has been conducting an annual event since 195 to pay respect to renowned authors such as William Shakespeare, Miguel Cervantes, and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega who died this day.
- The theme for World Book and Copyright Day 2022 is “Read, so you never feel low”.
English Language and Spanish Language Day 2022
23rd April is observed as UN Spanish Language Day is observed every year to celebrate multilingualism and cultural diversity. also, it promotes an equal use of all six of its official working languages throughout the organization.
- This day also marks to pay tribute to Spanish writer Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.
- Six official languages are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
National Panchayati Raj Day 2022
Every year, National Panchayati Raj Day is observed on April 24 to raise awareness about the panchayats and gram sabhas along with local self-governments in rural India.
- This day is celebrated to commemorate the passing of the 73rd Constitutional Amendment Act in 1992.
- First Time, this day was observed by the Rajasthan state that implemented the Panchayati Raj System in 1959. the Amendment was cleared Officially on 24th April 1993 and this day got to known as National Panchayati Raj 2020 Day across the country.
Daily Current Affairs 25th April 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.