Today Top Current Affairs 25 April 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 25 April 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 25 April 2020 conceded here. Today Top Current Affairs 25 April 2020.
“Lockdown Learners” series begun by UNODC
- Under flagship “Education for Justice” initiative, The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes (UNODC) has commenced a new series named as ‘Lockdown Learners’ in india. it will enable online dialogues series between students and educators in the country.
About United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes :
Headquarters – Vienna, Austria
Founded – 1997
Director-General – Ghada Fathi Waly
‘Serve-the-Seniors Initiative’ helpline
- Under ‘Serve-the-Seniors Initiative’, The Jammu and Kashmir State Legal Services Authority (JKSLSA) commences a new helpline number.
- This main objective is to give people support and provide facilitaties to the senior citizens who are living alone and cann’t go out for medicins, groceries and essentials during lockdown period.
About Jammu and Kashmir :
Founded: 26 October 1947
Capitals: Jammu Cantonment (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)
Lieutenant Governor – Girish Chandra Murmu
Feluda : COVID-19 test strip
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has prepared succussfully a low-cost COVID-19 test strip named as Feluda with the help of Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB).
- The two scientists Dr Souvik Maiti and Dr Debojyoti Chakraborty Achieved success to make Feluda strip. it will decrease COVID-19 test cost to around 500 rupees from 4500 rupees.
About Council of Scientific and Industrial Research :
Location – New Delhi
Head – Shekhar C. Mande
Founded – 26 September 1942
About Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB) :
Director – Anurag Agrawal
E-Gram Swaraj portal
- For the purpose of strengthening e-governance in Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) in the country, PM Modi begins a E-Gram Swaraj portal and an apps on the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day. Read More
Kisan Rath mobile app registrations crossed 1.5 lakh
- On 25 April, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare reported that the registeration numbers of farmers and traders has crossed more than 1.5 lakh in the period of one week.
UNCTAD deny One trillion dollars debts owed by developing countries
- The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has decided to deny more than One trillion debtowed by developing nations amid the COVID-19 pandemic. this step of UNCTAD will directly help those nations who are victim of the coronavirus pandemic.
About United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) :
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
Head – Mukhisa Kituyi
Formation Date – 30 December 1964
Founder: United Nations General Assembly.
VITAL ventilator made by NASA
- NASA has made a new high-pressure ventilator namely VITAL. it will be used in treating COVID-19 patients. the process of making VITAL is very easy.
About NASA :
Headquarters – Washington, D.C.
Founder – Dwight D. Eisenhower
Founded – 29 July 1958
Science and Technology News
Mobile BSL-3 VRDL Lab in India
- The Minister of Defence of India Rajnath Singh has flagged off Country’s first COVID-19 sample collection mobile Lab. he started this service via a video conference. it is named as “Mobile BSL-3 VRDL Lab“. Mobile BSL-3 VRDL Lab has been deveopled by Scientists of DRDO.
About DRDO :
Headquarters – New Delhi
Mottos – बलस्य मूलं विज्ञानम्; “Strength’s Origin is in Science” (Sanskrit)
Founded – 1958
Minister – Rajnath Singh
Usha Ganguly passes away
- The famous actor, theatre director and activist, Shrimati Usha Ganguly has taken last breath. during her carrier, she had earned the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award for direction in 1998.
- Along with it, she was paid honour as the best actress for the play Gudia Ghar by the govt of West Bengal state.
- During the period between 1970 and 1980, she introduced herself an alternative Hindi theatre in West Bengal.
About West Bengal –
Governor – Jagdeep Dhankhar
Capital – Kolkata
Chief Minister – Mamata Banerjee
Official Language – Bengali.
Former MP of Rajya Sabha Basanta Das passed away
- The Ex member of Rajya Sabha from Odisha state shri Basanta Das has taken his last breath at the age of 80. he was suffering with age-related ailments.
- During from 1985 to 1990, he became Bhawanipatna Municipality’s chairman. he became as Rajya Sabha member from 1990 to 1996.
World Games displays new logo for 2022 edition
- The World Games has displayed its 2022 edition’s logo and title. The 11th World Games version was to be organized in Birmingham, Alabama, US (United States).
- But, due to Coronavirus pandemic, the games were scheduled for a year. now, the World Games is going to be taken place between 7 July 2022 and 17 July 2022.
Alireza Firouzja won Banter Blitz Cup
- The Iranian Alireza Firouzja has defeated World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen in the Banter Blitz Cup 2020 final match. Alireza Firouzja won the $14,000 prize.
- Along with it, he got achivement of being second youngest player who reached a rating of 2700 from Fédération Internationale des Échecs (FIDE). he is standing at 21th place in ranking in the world.
About Fédération Internationale des Échecs :
Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
President: Arkady Dvorkovich
Founded: 20 July 1924,
CEO: Geoffrey D. Borg
Motto: Gens una sumus.
World Malaria Day
- The day of 25th April is celebrated as World Malaria Day across the world. the World Malaria Day’spurpose is to spread awareness about the disease malaria and make people aware how Malaria can be controlled and eradicated completely. First time, it was celebrated in 2008. Read More
International Delegates Day
- The day of 25th April is celebrated as International Delegate’s Day in the world. it marks to spread awareness about the role of the representatives and delegates of the Member States to the United Nations. Read More
Sanjay Kothari take oath as Chief Vigilance Commissioner
- On 25 April 2020, Sanjay Kothari sworn in as Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) by President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
- During the ceremony, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, and others were also become the part of ceremony.
Today top Current Affairs 25 April 2020, read and share Today Top Current Affairs 25 April 2020 to your friends.
Q.1 why World Malaria Day is Observed?
The World Malaria Day’s objective is to make people aware about the disease malaria and spread information such as how Malaria can be controlled and eradicated completely.
Q.2 what is Mobile BSL-3 VRDL Lab?
Mobile BSL-3 VRDL Lab is a lab that will work for collecting COVID-19 Samples across the country .