Today Top Current Affairs 25 & 26 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 25 & 26 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 25 & 26 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
PM Modi Launches Extension of SWAMITVA scheme, distribution of e-property cards
On 25th April 2021, India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the distribution of e-property cards under the SWAMITVA scheme on the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day.
- Narendra Singh Tomar was also present in the event.
- Also, 4.09 lakh property owners have been distributed e-property cards.
What is the Swamitva Scheme
- SVAMITVA’s full form is Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas.
- it was begun by Prime Minister on 24th April 2020.
- it aims to promote a socio-economically empowered and self-reliant rural India.
- SVAMITVA Scheme will cover around 6.62 Lakh villages to avail loans and other financial benefits of the entire country during 2021-2025.
‘Vivad se Vishwas’ scheme Extends till 30 June 2021
The Indian Govt has announced to extend the direct tax dispute settlement scheme ‘Vivad Se Vishwas’ deadline. the scheme will be effective for more than two months till June 30, 2021. it aims to offer relief to the taxpayers facing hardships amid the Covid-19.
Prior to this, the Centre has extended this scheme three times.
- First time – 31st March 2020 to 30 June 2020.
- Second-time deadline – 31st December 2020
- Third Time – till March 31, 2021.
Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana takes oath and becomes 48th Chief Justice of India
On 24th April 2021, Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana has taken an oath as the 48th Chief Justice of India (CJI).
- President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath to Justice Ramana at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- He will take place of Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde who demitted office on April 23, 2021.
- Justice Ramana will serve till 26 August 2022.
Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana
- He was born on 27 August 1957 in Ponnavaram village of Krishna district in Andhra Pradesh.
- He was appointed as permanent Judge of the Andhra Pradesh High Court in June 2000.
- He also served as acting Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High between March to May 2013.
19th India-Franch Naval Exercise VARUNA 2021 starts on 25th April
On 25th April 2021, India and France have started their annual “Varuna” joint naval exercise with large-scale drills in the western Arabian Sea.
- The three-day Varuna naval exercise will close on 27th April 2021.
- The Indian Navy will use its guided-missile stealth destroyer INS Kolkata, guided-missile frigates INS Tarkash and INS Talwar, Fleet Support Ship INS Deepak, with Seaking 42B and Chetak integral helicopters, a Kalvari class submarine, and P8I Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft.
World Malaria Day 2021
The World Malaria Day (WMD) is observed on 25th April every year across the world in order to recognize the efforts of the people worldwide to tackle malaria.
- WMD was founded in May 2007 at the 60th session of the World Health Assembly.
- Theme 2021 of World Malaria Day is ‘Reaching the zero malaria target’.
International Delegates Day 2021
The day of 25th April is observed as International Delegate’s Day every year across the world.
- The purpose of this day is to create awareness of the role of representatives and delegates of the Member States to the United Nations (UN) and to prevent war and conflict and paving the way for peaceful and prosperous societies with the help of dialogue and collaboration, particularly during the most difficult of times.
- United Nations (UN) conducted the 1st International Delegate’s Day on April 25th, 2020.
- International Delegates Day refers to the 1st day of the San Francisco Conference’s anniversary.
- San Francisco is famous for the United Nations Conference on International Organization.
- First-time delegates from 50 nations had come together in San Francisco On 25 April 1945.
World Intellectual Property Day 2021
The World Intellectual Property Day is observed on 26th April every year in the globe since 2000.
- This day aims to create raise awareness of how patents, copyright, trademarks, and designs are impacting our daily life.
- it also reminds us to celebrate creativity, and the contribution made by creators and innovators to the development of societies.
- The World Intellectual Property Day Theme 2021: ‘Intellectual property and small businesses: Taking big ideas to market’.
International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day 2021
The International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day is observed on 26th April annually across the world.
- This day aims to create awareness of the consequences of the Chernobyl disaster in 1986 and the risks of nuclear energy in general.