Today Top Current Affairs 24 September 2021
Daily Current Affairs 24th September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Ministry of Commerce celebrates Vanijya Saptah from 20-26 September
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry is celebrating ‘Vanijya Saptah’ (Trade & Commerce Week) from 20th September 2021 to 26th September 2021. the Ministry of Commerce & Industry is organizing special events and programs throughout the week as part of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ celebrations.
- Also, A slew of programmes and events have been planned to conduct by the ministry across the country and
- will be the showcase of India as a Rising Economic Force and Green & Swachh SEZs besides handholding sessions focusing on ‘From Farm to Foreign Lands’ and exporter conclaves, ‘Vanijya Utsav’,
PFRDA to observe NPS Diwas on 1st October
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has started off a new campaign named NPS Diwas under ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’. PFRDA will celebrate the National Pension System Diwas (NPS Diwas) on 1st October 2021 in order to promote pension and retirement planning for a carefree ‘Azad’ retirement.
- The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) is also working to promote the campaign on its social media platforms with #npsdiwas.
- NPS will help in encouraging every citizen to plan towards making a financial cushion to ensure for oneself a financially sound future after retirement.
Govt sets up Asset management company for bad bank
The Govt of India has set up the India Debt Resolution Company Ltd (IDRCL), an asset management company (AMC). the IDRCL will play a role in cleaning up bad loans the National Asset Reconstruction Company Ltd (NARCL).
- Govt has appointed Arvind Sadashiv Mokashi as State Bank of India’s (SBI’s) nominee director.
- The other directors will be Narayan Keelveedhi Seshadri and Anilraj Chellan.
- It will undertake all kinds of debt management, operational management, resolution advisory, support and consultancy services in relation to debt resolution, and insolvency resolution.
Chetan Bhagat releases cover for new book 400 Days
Bestselling author Chetan Bhagat has released the cover of his upcoming book titled “400 Days”. the 400 Days book will be published by Westland on 8th October 2021. it is the third story from the Keshav-Saurabh series after “The Girl in Room 105” and “One Arranged Murder”.
- The book narrating the plot of Bhagat about a missing girl Siya and her mother Alia Arora’s determination to find the young girl and seeking help for the same from Keshav Rajpurohit.
President Ram Nath Kovind will confer National Service Scheme (NSS) Awards for 2019-20 to 42 Awardees
On 24th September 2021, President Ram Nath Kovind will confer the National Service Scheme (NSS) Awards for the year 2019-20 from Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi. The National Service Scheme (NSS) Award for the year 2019-20 will be distributed to 42 awardees in 3 different categories like University/ +2 Councils, NSS Units, and their Programme Officers and NSS Volunteers.
National Service Scheme (NSS) Awards Categories
- University/(+2) Councils
- NSS Units and their Programme Officers
- NSS Volunteers
Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka bags 2021 Global Goalkeeper Award
On 20th September 2021, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has conferred the ‘Global Goals Awards’ 2021.
2021 Goalkeepers Global Goals Award Winners
- The United Nations under-secretary-general and executive director of UN Women Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka has won the award for fighting for gender equality.
|The 2021 Changemaker|
|Fairooz Faizah Beether (Bangladesh)||For promoting good|
|The 2021 Progress Award||Jenifer Colpas (Colombia)||improving access to|
clean water and sanitation
|The 2021 Campaign Award||Satta Sheriff (Liberia)||promoting gender equality|
Pankaj Advani wins his 24th world title in Doha
Pankaj Advani has won his 24th world title. he defeated Pakistan’s Babar Masih in the final at the IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup which was held in Doha, Qatar on September 21st, 2021.
- Recently, he has also won the Asian Snooker Championship 2021 by defeating Amir Sarkhosh of Iran.