Today Top Current Affairs 24 May 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 24 May 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 24 May 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 24 May 2020.
- On 24th May, People like to celebrate the commonwealth of the countries that were under the British Empire. before it, this day was used to know as Empire Day. but, there was not event celebrated on this date.
Anti-viral drug is effective : US NIAID
- The U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases has said that Anti-viral drug remdesivir is very effective to treat COVID-19 disease. remdesivir reduces recovery times in COVID-19 infected patients. On 23 May 2020, the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases published its report.
About U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases –
Headquarters: Maryland, United States
Founded: 29 December 1955
No Calamity Cess On GST by Finance Ministry
- On 23 May 2020, The Centre is not going to impose calamity cess on the Goods and Services Tax (GST). India is facing the economic crisis caused by COVID-19. the reports says that introducing a calamity cess may be nothing less than adversity itself,”
Reliance Launches JioMart Online Grocery Service
- On 23 May 2020, Reliance Industries Ltd has started off an online grocery service named as JioMart. JioMart will rival Amazon.com‘s local unit and Walmart Inc’s Flipkart in the Indian market. JioMart will offer delivering of groceries in over 200 towns across the country.
About Reliance Industries Ltd –
CEO: Mukesh Ambani
Founder: Dhirubhai Ambani
Founded: 8 May 1973, Maharashtra
Owner: Mukesh Ambani
Zaggle tie up with Visa for SME payments
- Zaggle which is known as a financial technology start-up, has announced that Company is going to make a partnership with Visa to start its payment solutions for SMEs and start-ups.
About Zaggle –
Headquarters : Hyderabad
Founder & Chairman : Raj N Phani
MD & CEO : Avinash Godkhindi
About Visa –
CEO: Alfred F Kelly Jr
Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
Founder: Dee Hock
SRM Tech appoints Anand Kashyap as its CEO
- SRM Technologies has selected Anand Kashyap as its chief executive officer. Anand Kashyap will play role to lead all strategics and growth initiatives at SRM Tech and its subsidiaries, such as TechTrendsIT and GTSSMinds.
- besides this, He has played leadership roles at Dell Services and Wipro Tech.
Former Tamil Nadu footballer and coach R. Shanmugam no more
- The Former footballer and coach of Tamil Nadu R. Shanmugam has passed away on 23 May 2020. he was 77 years old. he had been unwell for sometime. Shanmugam represented the Burmese junior and senior National teams between 1966 and 1967. in 1968, he became the part of for Mohun Bagan and Indian Railways teams. besides this, he coached as Integral Coach Factory (ICF) between 1969 and 1977.
Q.1 is the special days on 24th May?
yes, a special days comes on 24th May that is Commonwealth Day.