Today Top Current Affairs 24 June 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 24 June 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 24 June 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 24 June 2020.
First Indian Online Edition of Cannes Film Market 2020
- Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting Shri Prakash Javadekar started off the Virtual India Pavilion at Cannes Film Market 2020. During the e-inauguration of it, Javadekar invited all international films fraternites to come as well as shoot in India and allow them to sell in the international market. during the festival, India sends two films for screening they are : MaiGhat: Crime No 103/200 (Marathi) and Hellaro (Gujarati).
About FICCI –
Headquarters : New Delhi
President– Sangita Reddy
Central Govt gives 3000 Crore rupees from PM CARES for ventilator supply & migrants welfare
- The Indian Govt has provided the amount of 3000 Crore rupees from the PM CARES Fund for supply of ventilators and for the welfare of migrant labourers.
- The Indian govt is going to spend Rs 2,000 crore amout in the procurement of 50,000 Made-in-India ventilators to Government-run Covid-19 hospitals in all States/Union Territories (UTs).
- However, already 1000 crore rupees was released to States/UTs for the welfare of migrant labourers. the fund distribution depends on the formula of 50% weightage for the population as per 2011 census.
FPI Minister HarsimratKaur initiates Food Processing Edition of Exclusive Investment Forum Hosted by Invest India
- The Union Minister of Food Processing Industries (FPI) Harsimrat Kaur Badal has started off the Inaugural Session of Food Processing Sector Edition of the Exclusive Investment Forum that was hosted by Invest India.
- The main purpose of Forum is to make detailed interaction between leading global companies in the food processing sector and policy makers of the central and 6 State Governments that would have a 2nd series on 26th June, 2020.
About Ministry of Food Processing Industries (FPI) –
Headquarters– New Delhi
Minister of State – Rameswar Teli
Ministry of Sports plans to set up 1000 District Level Khelo India Centres to Engage Former Champions
- On 20th June 2020, Ministry of Sports has planned to set up almost 1000 District Level Khelo India Centres across the country to Engage Former Champions and the movement will ensure a source of income for them in the sports.
- It will be as viable career option for the youths and will help to motivate parents to support athletics as a career.
- it will strengthen the grassroot level sports.
- will help about contribution of the former champions in the development of India’s sports sectors during gaining livelihood through sports.
KBL Micro Mitra
- On 22th June 2020, The Karnataka Bank has commenced a a new product named as ‘KBL Micro Mitra’ for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSMEs).
- it has helped in simplifing procedures and competitive rate of interest.
- KBL Micro Mitra product will be available in all all branches of the bank in the country and it is possiblity to be soon available in digital version.
About Karnataka Bank –
CEO and MD: Mahabaleshwara M. S
Founded: 18 February 1924
RBI Extends 50,000 Crore Rupees Special Liquidity Window for YES Bank by 3 months
- The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has stretched out a special liquidity window for 50,000 crores rupees to private sector bank Yes Bank for the period of three months and it will help private lenders cover for shortfall in deposits.
- Before it, RBI gave special liquidity window to Yes bank in March month and it was ended in June Month. Yes bank appealed for extending a special liquidity window for another One year. however, RBI extends it for another 3 months.
About Yes Bank –
CEO & MD : Prashant Kumar
Founder: Rana Kapoor
Tagline– Experience Our Expertise
About RBI –
Governor: Shaktikanta Das Trending
Bank rate: 4.00 per cent
Interest on reserves: 3.35 per cent
Founder: British Raj
Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
Science and Technology
China launches last satellite for its BDS
- The India’s neighbour nation, China successfully sent the last Satellite of its BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS). The satellite has been launched from the Xichang Satellite Launch center in Sichuan Province.
About BDS :
- BDS stands for BeiDou Navigation Satellite System, it is one of four(4) global navigation networks of the US’s GPS, Russia’s GLONASS and European Union’s Galileo. Fifteen BDS-3 satellites was sent into orbit till October 2018. BeiDou-3 is having 35 satellites and the final satellite yet.
About China –
President: Xi Jinping
Vice President – Wang Qishan
In order to Navigate Locations, IIT Bombay Researchers Develops Chip ‘Dhruva’
- On 19th June, The IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Bombay’s Researchers have made a chip named as ‘Dhruva’. Dhruva chip will help in navigating to find places and routes within the country.
- Dhruva Chip is able to sends and receives radio signals to India’s NAVIC group of navigation satellites (i.e 36,000 km above the earth’s surface) and along with it, it can operate with GPS-based satellites to accurately determine these under all weather conditions.
About IIT Bombay –
Director– Subhasis Chaudhuri
Movie producer Steve Bing passed away
- The famous movie producer & philanthropist Mr Steve Bing has died. he had produced films such as Get Carter and Every Breath and along with it, he also wrote the screenplay for movie Kangaroo Jack. Read More
Former shooter Pournima Zanane passed away
- The former shooter of India Pournima Zanane has passed away at the age of 42. she was suffering with Cancer disease. Pournima epresented India at multiple ISSF World Cups and Asian and Commonwealth Championships, among other events. Read More
United Nations Public Service Day 2020
- United Nations Public Service Day is celebarted by people across the world on every 23th June. this day shows about the contribution of public service in the development process and value public service to the community. Read More
International Olympic Day 2020
- The day of 23th June is observed as International Olympic Day by people across the world. this day aims to create the world’s largest 24 hours digital-first Olympic. along with it, this day also ensures that people can all still #StayActive in the safest way possible despite restrictions because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Read More
International Widows Day 2020
- International Widows Day is observed by people across the world on 23th June every year. this day draws attention to the voices and experiences of widows and galvanize the unique supports that they have. after losing her life partner, women faces challenges and do long-term struggle for basic needs, their human right and dignity around the world. Read More