Today Top Current Affairs 24 December 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Today top Current Affairs 24 December 2020 includes top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification.
India tests surface-to-air missile ‘MRSAM’
- On 23rd December 2020, India gets another achievement with successfully testing of a surface-to-air missile (MRSAM). it was launched form Odisha coast and the missile is a medium range.
- The DRDO has developed MRSAM missile with the help of Israel Aerospace Industries and Bharat Dynamics Ltd has manufactured it.
- It will increase the combat effectiveness of the defence forces.
The First Gender Data Hub in India
- The Kerala Govt has installed India’s first Gender Data Hub in the collaboration of UN Women.
- It will contain unique facilities such as Gender Library, Gender Museum and Training Centre and markets.
- Gender Park will play a role as a South Asian hub for gender-related activities with UN Women
World Bank signs a pact of $500 million with India
- On 22nd December 2020, Indian Govt has signed a pact of $500 million loans with World Bank (WB). the loan pact will help in developing safe and green national highway corridors in the states of Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
- As per the Green National Highways Corridors project, The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is going to build 783 km longs highways.
Bank of Baroda signed an MoU with defence forces for new Military Salary Package
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) has signed an MoU with the Indian Army in order to provide customised banking services to account holders. the MoU is headlined ‘Baroda Military Salary Package’.
- The package will cover facilities like free Personal Accidental Insurance, Permanent Total Disability, Partial Disability and Air Accident Insurance, Higher Education and Girl Child Marriage on death in case of serving personnel.
- The retired personnel will also get such services.
Novak Djokovic earns ATP Player of the Year 2020 Award
- On 21st December 2020, The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) 2020 Awards have been distributed to players according to performance during 2019-20 season.
- Serbian Tennis player Novak Djokovic is honoured with the ATP Player of the Year 2020 award. he ended this season as No. 1 player in rankings.
- This was the 6th time for him to win the title. he created history after Pete Sampras.
ATP 2020 Winners List –
- Player of the Year – Novak Djokovic
- Doubles Team of the Year – Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares
- Coach of the Year – Fernando Vicente (coached Andrey Rublev)
- Tim Gullikson Career Coach Award – Bob Brett (Australia)
- Most Improved Player – Andrey Rublev (Russia)
- Newcomer of the Year – Carlos Alcaraz (Spain)
- Comeback Player of the Year – Vasek Pospisil (Canada)
- ATPTour.com Fans’ Favourite – Roger Federer (Switzerland)
- ATPTour.com Fans’ Favourite Team – Jamie Murray and Neal Skupski
- Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award – Rafael Nadal (Spain)
- Arthur Ashe Humanitarian of the Year – Frances Tiafoe (US)
- Ron Bookman Media Excellence Award – Kevin Mitchell (A sportswriter for The Guardian)
Vineet Agarwal as new Assocham President
- Vineet Agarwal is chosen as President of The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham).
- He will take place of Niranjan Hiranandani who is Co-Founder and MD of Hiranandani Group of Companies.
- Along with it, he has served as MD of logistics major Transport Corporation of India LTD.
- Another appointment of Sumant Sinha is done as the new Senior Vice-President of Assocham.
National Consumer Rights Day on 24 December
- On 24th December, National Consumer Rights Day is celebrated every year in the country. this day came into existence after the Consumer Protection Act 1986.
- this day aims to avail consumers with effective safeguards against various types of exploitation for eg defective goods, deficiency in services and unfair trade practices.
- This day also creates an opportunity for marking the importance of the consumer rights movement and every consumer must be aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- A program named ‘Jago Grahak Jago’ it means ‘Be an aware consumer. The Consumer Affairs Department started this consumer awareness program in the country.