Today Top Current Affairs 24 April 2021
Daily Current Affairs 24 April 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 24 April 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Ind-Ra Cuts India’s GDP Growth Rate at 10.1% in FY22
India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) has downgradred India’s GDP growth rate to 10.1 percent for FY22 (2021-22). before this, Ind-Ra estimated at 10.4 percent.
- Due to the second wave of COVID-19, Ind-Ra has cut India’s GDP growth forecast.
SBI Research estimates India’s GDP Growth Rate at 10.4% for FY22
The State Bank of India (SBI) Research has estimated that India’s GDP growth rate will be 10.4 percent for FY22 (2021-22). before this, SBI Research predicted at 11%.
- Due to increasing COVID-19 related curbs, The State Bank of India (SBI) Research has downgraded India’s GDP growth rate.
Atanu Chakraborty as Part-time Chairman of HDFC Bank, approved by RBI
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given its approval to HDFC Bank in order to appoint former Economic Affairs Secretary, Atanu Chakraborty as the part-time chairman and additional independent director.
- He will serve for a period of three years with effect from May 5, 2021
former Economic Affairs Secretary, Atanu Chakraborty
- He is an IAS officer of Gujarat cadre from the 1985 batch.
- He has served as Secretary of the Department of Economic Affairs and was retired in April 2020.
- He also served as Secretary of the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM).
CAG GC Murmu as External Auditor by OPCW
Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) has appointed India’s Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) GC Murmu as its external auditor.
- GC Murmu wil served as external auditor for a period of three years.
G C Murmu, India’s Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG)
- He is IAS, 1985-batch of the Gujarat cadre was appointed as the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India on August 08, 2020.
- He was also Principal Secretary to Narendra Modi during his reign as the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- He is also a trusted aide of PM Narendra Modi.
“Climate Change Explained – For One And All” Book by Aakash Ranison
On 22nd April 2021, Aakash Ranison has launched his a new e-book titled “Climate Change Explained – for one and all”. Aakash Ranison is a climate activist-author and introduced the book on the occasion of Earth Day.
- The book highlights the impact of climate change and purposes to motivate readers for reducing its consequences with the help of simple sustainable solutions.
- The book comprises facts, data, and information about climate change, the Greenhouse effect, global warming, Carbon footprint, and so on.
AIBA Youth World Boxing Championships 2021: India Claims 11 Medals
Indian players have created a history finishing the tournament with 11 medals (8 gold & 3 bronze) to finish top in the medal table.
- The AIBA Youth World Boxing Championships 2021 was hosted in Kielce, Poland.
- The tournament was held for 10 days from 13 April to 23 April 2021.
- moreover, 414 boxers from 52 countries joined this event.
World Veterinary Day 2021
The World Veterinary Day is observed on the Fourth (4th) Saturday of April every year. in 2021, it falls on 24th April.
- it purposes to celebrate the contributions of veterinarians to the health of animals and society.
- The theme 2021 of the World Veterinary Day is ‘Veterinarian response to the COVID-19 crisis.’
World Day for Laboratory Animals 2021
World Day for Laboratory Animals is maked on 24th April annully across the world. this day is also known as The World Day For Animals In Laboratories (WDAIL) and World Lab Animal Day.
- The main purpose of this day is to eliminate the suffering of animals in laboratories around the world.
- this day also promotes their replacement with advanced scientific non-animal techniques.
- the National Anti-Vivisection Society (NAVS) declared this day to observe in the year 1979 as an “international day of commemoration” for animals in laboratories.
International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace 2021
The International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace is observed on 24th April every year.
- The main objective of this day is to boost knowledge regarding the advantages of multilateralism and diplomacy for peace, including through educational and public awareness-raising activities.
- in December 2018, the UN General Assembly announced to observe this day, and on 24th April 2019, this day was celebrated for the first time.
National Panchayati Raj Day 2021
The National Panchayati Raj Day is observed on 24th April by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj every year in India. this day is also known as National Local Self-Government day.
- the day aims to celebrate the Panchayati Raj System in the country.
- On 24th April 2010, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh declared to observe National Panchayati Raj Day.
- On that day, the Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 was passed.