Today Top Current Affairs 23 September 2021
Daily Current Affairs 23rd September 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News and International Current News.
Kovalam and Eden Indian Beaches get International Blue Flag Certification
Two new beaches in India i.e. Kovalam (Tamil Nadu) and Eden (Puducherry) have received the Blue Flag certification by the Foundation for Environment Education in Denmark (FEE) in 2021.
- With this, India has now total 10 beaches with the coveted International eco-label “Blue Flag”.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change started a highly acclaimed & flagship program Beach Environment & Aesthetics Management Services (BEAMS) to protect and conserve the pristine coastal and marine ecosystems through holistic management of the resources.
Piyush Goyal Launches National Single Window System for Investors and Businesses
Piyush Goyal has launched National Single Window System (NSWS) for Investors and Businesses on September 22, 2021 (Wednesday).
- NSWS will work as a one-stop-shop for investors or entrepreneur from the legacy of running to Govt offices for approvals and registrations.
- NSWS will provide solutions for all at one click of the mouse through ‘End to End’ facilitation.
- It will also bring Transparency, Accountability & Responsiveness to the ecosystem and all information will be available on a single dashboard.
- Govt has planned to add 18 Central Departments, with 9 States already boarded, 14 Central depts & 5 states under the initiative by December 2021.
Sarbananda Sonowal flags off dwarf container train from JNPT to Kanpur
Union Shipping Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has flagged off the dwarf container train service from Jawaharlal Nehru Port (JNPT) virtually. JNPT is the biggest container port in India located off Mumbai.
- the first consignment of laden dwarf containers from Dwarf Container Depot (DCD) is moved by train to Inland Container Depot Kanpur.
- It will help in enabling the railways to undertake double-stack movement of cargo, leading to reduction in logistics cost.
ADB slashes India’s economic growth forecast for this fiscal to 10%
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has slashed India’s economic growth forecast for the current fiscal, 2021-22 (FY22) to 10 percent. prior to this, ADB estimated India’s economic growth forecast at 11 percent.
- Asian Development Bank has also estimated the GDP growth for fiscal 2022-23 (FY23) to 7.5 percent.
China GDP growth forecast
- ABD has estimated that China’s GDP growth forecast remains unchanged at 8.1 percent in 2021 and 5.5 percent in 2022.
UN chief appoints Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi as Sustainable Development Goals Advocate
The UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Nobel Peace Laureate Kailash Satyarthi as a Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Advocate. his appointment is done ahead of the 76th UN General Assembly.
- Also, Satyarthi, STEM activist Valentina Munoz Rabanal, Microsoft President Brad Smith and K-pop superstars BLACKPINK have been elected as newly SDG Advocates, UN has total 16 SDG Advocates.
- The 76th UN General Assembly is scheduled to organize from 21st September to 30th September 2021.
Yes bank partners VISA to offer credit cards
YES Bank has made a partnership with Visa to offer credit cards to its customers. The suite consists of nine credit card variants on the Visa platform that service all segments – consumer cards, business cards, and corporate cards across YES First, YES Premia and YES Prosperity.
- The bank has achieved the transition within a record time of less than 60 days, ensuring ease for customers across segments.
About Yes Bank –
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 2004
Beijing 2022 Launches Official Slogan: “Together for a Shared Future”
The Beijing Organising Committee for the 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (Beijing 2022) has officially launched the Beijing 2022 Games slogan, “Together for a Shared Future” on 17th September 2021.
- The slogan marks China’s commitment to overcoming global challenges as a community with a shared future for mankind. It also highlights unity and collective efforts.
- The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics is going to be conducted between 4th February and 20th February 2022, the Paralympics is scheduled to take place from March 4th -13th March 2021, Beijing is set to be the first city to host both the Summer and Winter Olympics.
International Day of Sign Languages 2021
The International Day of Sign Languages is observed on 23rd September every year across the world. the aim of the day is to create awareness about the importance of sign language in the full realization of the human rights of people who are deaf.
- World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) designated the International Day of Sign Languages by passing a resolution.
- On 19 December 2017, The International Day of Sign Languages was first celebrated in the year 2018.
- The date 23 September also marks the establishment of the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) in 1951.
- In 2021, the theme of International Day of Sign Languages is “We Sign for Human Rights”.