Today Top Current Affairs 23 June 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 23 June 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 23 June 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 23 June 2020.
PM Modi released Rs 50,000 crore for boostong employment and livelihood for migrant workers
- Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan (GKRA), that will cover 67 lakh migrant workers to get them employment, was begun in 6 states such as Bihar, Uttar Pradesh (UP), Madhya Pradesh (MP), Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Odisha. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced 20 Lakh crore amount for Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- The expense of this campaign will be around 50,000 crore rupees and Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) is woking for its implementation.
- campaign will run 125 days and would cover 116 districts. nearly 25000 returnee migrant workers are to be included from each and every 6 states.
About Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) –
Founded: June 2011
Headquarters: New Delhi
Minister : Narendra Singh Tomar
Minister of State – Ram Kripal Yadav
Indian Govt sanctions 190 crore amount for augmentation of healthcare facilities in North Eastern States
- The Union Minister of State (MoS) of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Shri Jitendra Singh ji has approved 190 crore amount to augment of healthcare facilities in the eight North Eastern (NE) States they are : Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Sikkim, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura. The whole amount will be used for developing infrastructure for management of infectious diseases.
- Ministry of DoNER is also provided an options to send proposals for health related projects.
In order to boost Innovation Ecosystem in India, CIL comes with NITI Aayog
- Coal India Limited (CIL), known as an Indian state-owned coal mining and refinery company, has come with NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog in order to boost Atal Innovation Mission (AIM). and CIL will also support the latter’s key innovation and entrepreneurship initiatives across India.
- A SOI was signed between NITI and CIL, the partnership has been classified accroding to the program in which CIL provided its help to select Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL) schools to adopt, conduct teacher training sessions to students.
About Coal India Limited (CIL) –
CEO: Anil Kumar Jha
Director: Pramod Agrawal
Chairman & MD– Pramod Agarwal
About NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog –
Formed: 1 January 2015
Headquarters: New Delhi
Chairperson: Narendra Modi
Chief Executive Officer(CEO)- Amitabh Kant.
Vice Chairperson– Rajiv Kumar.
IIT-Delhi and UN-WFP offered research-based solutions to storage and supply of food grains
- The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) India and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has come together to give their support to state and national governments in order to achieve the food and nutrition security.
- The main purpose of this partnership is to make use of advanced analytics and operations research that may develop practical solutions to support long term strategic planning of procurements, storages, and movement of food grains by agencies like the Food Corporation of India (FCI).
About United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) –
Headquarters: Rome, Italy
Heads: David Beasley, Ertharin Cousin
About Food Corporation of India (FCI) –
Headquarters: New Delhi
Founder: Government of India
Founded: 14 January 1965
Rule of Law Index
- The Biggest judiciary of India Supreme Court, has asked the centre to treat a writ petition and said to make an expert panels that will work on improving India’s performance in the Rule of Law Index, as a “representation” and will decide further action within 6 months’ time.
- India has got 69th position in the WJP Rule of Law Index 2020
- In the Index, India is never listed in top 50. along with it, centre has not done anything to improve the international ranking of India.
About Supreme Court –
Established: 26 January 1950
To Setup Smart Classrooms in 100 Schools, Rajasthan Signs a Pact With POWERGRID & EdCIL
- The Education Minister of Rajasthan state Shri Govind Singh Dotasara shared an information to make a tripartite agreement with the Power Grid Corporation of India(POWERGRID) and the Educational Consultants India Limited(EdCIL).
- As per tripartite agreement, smart classrooms will be set up in almost 100 schools. its cost will be around Rs 1.85 crore. apart from this, E-content syllabus will be provided for students from classes 1 to classes 12. 4 teachers in each school will be given special training to teach in the smart classrooms.
About POWERGRID –
Founded: 23 October 1989
Headquarters: Gurgaon, India
Owner: Government of India
Purpose: Transmission, distribution and energy
About Educational Consultants India Limited(EdCIL) –
Headquarters : New Delhi
Chairman & Managing Director– Manoj Kumar
About Rajasthan –
Governor: Kalraj Mishra
Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
Deputy Chief Minister : Sachin Pilot
State Mammal – Camel and Chinkara
State Bird – Godawan
State Flower – Rohida
State Tree – Khejri
State Game – Basketball
Co-Branded Healthcare Card Called ‘Swasth Card’ Launched by Yes Bank & Affordplan
- The Yes Bank Limited has shaked hands with Delhi-based fintech startup Affordplan in order to begin a first of its kind co-branded healthcare card called ‘Swasth Card’ under Swasth program. Swasth Card will aim to enable families plan and manage their finances for their healthcare needs.
- The card will be able to have affordable recharges which will begin from Rs 100 up to a maximum balance of Rs 1 lakh and along with it, it will cover Insurance, Cashback benefits, access to loan facilities for IPD(In Patient Department) treatments.
About Yes Bank Limited –
CEO and MD : Prashant Kumar
Founder: Rana Kapoor
Tagline : Experience our Expertise.
About Affordplan –
headquarter – New Delhi
CEO– Tejbir Singh
In order to Offer Various Insurance Products, UCO Bank partners with 4 Insurers
- In order to provide insurance solutions to the customers, UCO bank has made partnership with four insurers they are : State Bank of India(SBI) Life Insurance Company, the Oriental Insurance Company and Religare Health Insurance Company, Star Health and Allied Insurance Company. in addition, UCO bank has signed a ‘bancassurance’ pact with SBI Life Insurance for offering insurance solutions to its customers at its 3,086 branches spread in the country.
About UCO bank –
CEO: Atul Kumar Goel
Owner: Government of India
Founder: Ghanshyam Das Birla
Founded: 6 January 1943
About SBI Life Insurance Company –
CEO: Mahesh Kumar Sharma
Founded: March 2001
Parent organization: State Bank of India
Peace Prize of the German Book Trade 2020 to Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen
- The noted Indian economist, philosopher and Nobel Laureate Amartya Kumar Sen has been elected for Peace Prize 2020. Board of Trustees of the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade has chosen him for his decades-long work around issues of global justice.
- German Publishers’ and Booksellers’ Association, Borsenverein are going to give award to him during a ceremony that will held on October 18, 2020, in Paulskirche, Germany.
About Germany –
President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
Largest city : Berlin
Natarajan Chandrasekaran as Part-Time Non-Official Director on RBI Central board
- Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has appointed Chairman of the Board of Tata Sons Natarajan Chandrasekaran as its Part-Time Non-Official Director for the period of two years.
About RBI –
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Bank rate: 4.00%
Interest on reserves: 3.35%
Founder: British Raj
Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
T.Tabi Sankar as Chairman and N. Rajendran as CEO by IFTAS
- The Indian Financial Technology & Allied Services (IFTAS) has selected T Rabi Sankar and Dr. N Rajendran as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) respectively. T Rabi Sankar assumes charge on 15th May 2020 and N Rajendran assumes charge on 27th May 2020.
About Indian Financial Technology & Allied Services (IFTAS) –
Chairman– T. Rabi Sankar
CEO– N. Rajendran
Head Office – Mumbai
Former cricketer Rajinder Goel passed away
- The Ex Left-arm spinner Rajinder Goel has taken his last breath, he had played 157 first-class matches for Haryana state and took 750 wickets as a spinner.
- Rajinder Goel made his debut during 1957-58 season and he played domestic cricket at age of 44. along with it, BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India ) had honoured with the CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award.
About BCCI –
President: Sourav Ganguly
Secretary: Jay Shah
Vice president(s): Mahim Verma
Founded: December 1928
Women’s coach: W. V. Raman
Vir Chakra Awardee, Major General Lachhman Singh Lehl Passed Away
- Retired, honoured with Vir Chakra General Lachhman Singh Lehl, has died at the age of 97.
- During India – Pakisthan 1971 War, Lachhman Singh was the General Officer Commanding(GOC) of 20 Mountain Division of the Indian Army. in 1974, as Deputy Quartermaster General, he was transferred to New Delhi.
Amish Tripathi Released the Book ”Legend of Suheldev: The King Who Saved India”
- Amish Tripathi has issued his new fiction book named as “Legend of Suheldev: The King Who Saved India”. Westland Publications Pvt Ltd has published his book.
- Book focus on Indian King Suheldev who struggled to defended his homeland and made a tremendous personal sacrifices, showed a glorious leadership & unites everyone in the nationa irrespective of their religion, caste, region, or status in society.