Today Top Current Affairs 23 July 2020
Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 23 July 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. For every single serious test and Interviews, furnish yourself with the Latest Current Affairs news 23 July 2020 conceded here. Read Today Top Current Affairs 23 July 2020.
India and South African Customs Union to revive an initiative for Preferential Trade Agreement
- India has held a A virtual meeting with Southern African Customs Union (SACU) in order to achieve a Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA) and to discuss its various aspects. Southern African Customs Union includes South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini countries.
- The Department of Commerce’s Joint Secretary Shri Srikar Reddy led the meet from Indian side. and on the other hand, Ministry of Industrialization,Trade and SME (small and medium enterprises) Development of Namibia’s Executive Director Mr Steve Katjiuanjo played role to lead the meet.
- In the current year 2019-20, India and Africa’s trade has been stood at $ 66.7 billion compared to last year which was $ 10.9 billion.
in order to set up ‘Emergency Medical Services’ in Male, India inks an agreement with Maldives
- The Indian Govt has made a ink with Ministry of Health of Maldives in order to set up an ‘Emergency Medical Services Unit’ at Baa Atoll Dharavandhoo Hospital in latter’s capital Male.
- Almost 8.5 million MVR will be spent on this project which is around 4,14,58,782 rupees in indian currency. apart from this, India will spend MVR 7.5 million cost out of 8.5 million MVR. and LF Construction Pvt Ltd of Maldives will build ‘Emergency Medical Services Unit’ at Baa Atoll Dharavandhoo Hospital.
About Maldives –
Capital – Malé
Currency – Maldivian rufiyaa
President – Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Vice President – Faisal Naseem
ITUC Global Rights Index 2020
- As per 7th edition of “International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) Global Rights Index 2020s – The World’s Worst Countries for Workers”, India has entered in the 10 worst countries list for working people in the world. india gets rating of 5 that means there is “No guarantee of rights”. Global Rights Index 2020 includes 144 countries and ranked them on the basis of respect for workers’ rights.
- Top 10 worst countries – Bangladesh, Brazil, Colombia, , Kazakhstan, Philippines, Turkey and Zimbabwe and two more nations such india, Egypt & Honduras has joined worst list.
PoK : 700 MW Azad Pattan Hydel Power Project by Pakistan and China
- The Pakistan nation has made an agreement with Gezhouba Group Company Limited of China in order to set up 700 MW Azad Pattan Hydel Power Project on Jhelum River in the Sudhnoti District of Pakistan occupied Kashmir(PoK). Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan was present while signing in a ceremony in Islamabad.
About Pakistan –
Currency – Pakistani rupee
Capital – Islamabad
Prime minister – Imran Khan
President – Arif Alvi
FamPay launches India’s 1st numberless card named as Famcard
- The first Neobank for teenagers of India FamPay has issued India’s 1st numberless card named as FamCard with the help of IDFC First Bank. FamPay has developed FamCard in the collaboration of National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI).
- The card will be accepted across the RuPay payment network of merchants. card is like a debit card and it will enable teenagers to make a transactions in a cashless manner.
Founders– Kush Taneja & Sambhav Jain
Headquarters – Mumbai
Non Executive Chairman– Biswamohan Mahapatra
MD & CEO– Dilip Asbe
Prof. R. Narayanaswamy IIM Bangalore as the Chair of the Technical Advisory Committee of NFRA
- The Professor of Finance and Accounting in Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore Shri R. Narayanaswamy has been chosen as Chair of the Technical Advisory Committee(TAC) of the National Financial Reporting Authority(NFRA).
Prakash Chandra Kandpal as new MD & CEO of SBI General Insurance
- Non-life insurer SBI General Insurance Company ltd has decided to appoint Prakash Chandra(P C) Kandpal as its new Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO). his appointement will come into effect from 20th July 2020. he is going to take place of Pushan Mahapatra who is appointed as director (strategic investments & digital initiatives).
About Prakash Chandra Kandpal –
- Kandpal has served as Probationary Officer at State Bank of India(SBI) in 1987.and later served as deputy CEO of SBI General Insurance Company Limited between 6th June 2019 and 18th July 2020. he is having a huge experience of more than 33 years with SBI.
Sumit Deb as CMD of NMDC
- The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet(ACC) has taken decision to appoint Sumit Deb as the Chairman and Managing Director of the National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC).
- At present, Sumit is serving as Director (Personnel) in NMDC and he is going to take charge from 1st August 2020 and will play role as the CMD of NMDC. Sumit Deb will take place of N. Bijendra Kumar(IAS) the current CMD of NMDC.
Science and technology
DRDO successfully test fire ‘Made in India’ Anti Tank guided Nag Missile – “Dhruvastra”
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) has succussfully tested made of India anti-tank guided missile named as “Dhruvastra”. the test was held at in Balasore, Odisha.
Design of Dhruvastra –
- The missile is 1.85-meter-long and having weight of 43 Kg with four foldable wings with a diameter of 0.20meters.
- The length of wingspan of the missile is 0.4meters.
- missile includes a real time image processor and has fast and effective algorithms in order to support automatic target detection and tracking capability.
- missile’s range is 4 Km in land version and HELINA can get the target of upto 7 Km in the Lock On Before Launch (LOBL)mode.
Mukhya Mantri Ghar Ghar Ration Yojana
- The Delhi Cabinet has provided its approval to start ‘Mukhya Mantri Ghar Ghar Ration Yojana’ in Delhi. it aims to deliver ration directly to the homes of beneficiaries. the Yojana will be come into effect on the same day in Delhi when centre govt will begin ‘One Nation One Ration Card‘ scheme.
- before implemention, the general process such as tendering and other formalities will be done then, doorstep delivery of ration scheme will come into effect however, it will take 6 to 7 months period.
About Delhi –
Lt. Governor – Anil Baijal, IAS
Chief Minister – Arvind Kejriwal (AAP)
Deputy Chief Minister – Manish Sisodia (AAP)
A MoU between AP and AMUL in order to support Women Self Help Groups and Boost Milk Cooperatives
- The Andhra Pradesh state Govt has decided to sign a MoU with AMUL (Anand Milk Union Limited). this MoU will aim to empower women self-help groups(SGH) and boost encouragment the cooperatives in government sectors.
- While signing MoU, officials such as Special Chief Secretary Agriculture PoonamMalkondaiah and Chennai Zonal Head of AMUL from Rajan were present.
About Andhra Pradesh:
Chief Minister– YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
Governor– Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
State Dance – Kuchipudi
State Mammal – Blackbuck
State Bird – Parrot
State Fish – Mudfish
State Flower – Jasmine
State Fruit – Mango
State Tree – Neem
State Sports – Kabaddi