Today Top Current Affairs 22 November 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 22 November 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
30th India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol
The 30th version of the India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) was organized between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy. the CORPAT was begun on 18th November and ended on 21st November 2020.
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Karmuk became the part of CORPAT and Kraburi Ship represented its Thailand side.
About Thailand –
Currency: Thai baht
King: Maha Vajiralongkorn
Maha Awas Yojana by Maharashtra
The CM of Maharashtra state Shri Uddav Thackeray has started off a new scheme called “Maha Awas Yojana” on 21st November 2020. As per Maha Awas Yojana, over 8.82 lakhs rural houses will be constructed in the duration of 100 days.
- The Yojana will also cover toilets’ construction. Almost 4000 crore rupees will be spent on this project.
- This yojana will cover Middle Income Groups whose yearly income is more than 6 lakh rupees and less than 18 lakh rupees.
Mastercard launched Project Kirana for Women Empowerment with USAID
Mastercard has made a partnership with United States Agency for International Development in order to introduce Initiative named Project Kirana. the main objective of Project Kirana is to empower women and it will run for a period of 2 years.
- In order to implement the programme, some of UP’s cities have been chosen they are Lucknow, Kanpur and Varanasi.
About Project Kirana
- The project will focus on the gender equality gap and will make a limit to women-owned businesses.
- It will play a role in increasing the revenue streams and will enlarge financial inclusion.
About Mastercard –
CEO – Ajaypal Singh Banga
Founded – 16 December 1966
Headquarters – New York
CAG GC Murmu as External Auditor of IPU
CAG Shri Girish Chandra Murmu is chosen as External Auditor of Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) Geneva. he will serve as IPU for a period of three years.
- He will assume the responsibility for the post. he is selected at 284th session of IPU. Secretary-General Martin Chungong unveiled the results.
- in IPU, 179 countries are serving as members and more 13 serving as Associate Members.
World Television Day 2020
On 21st November 2020, People observe World Television Day across the world.
- This day highlights the power of visual media and how it has played a role in shaping public opinion and affecting world politics.
- In December 1996, The United Nations (UN) General Assembly declared 21st Nov as World Television day and its first Forum was conducted.