Today Top Current Affairs 21 September 2020
Current Affairs 2020: Latest Current Affairs with all basic data, Be the first to know all the Today top Current Affairs 21 September 2020 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important occasions in National Current News just as International level with clear clarification. read currentgktoday here in details.
Tamil Nadu as 1st state that launch AI, blockchain, cybersecurity policies
- Tamil Nadu state has been as the 1st Indian state who introduces policies on Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain and Cybersecurity policies.
- Edapaddi K Palaniswami has uncovered the Tamil Nadu Cyber Security Policy, 2020, Tamil Nadu Blockchain Policy, 2020, and Tamil Nadu Safe and Ethical Artificial Intelligence Policy, 2020 at Connect 2020.
- In order to bring such policies into implementation, the state govt is planning to set up a State Family Database (SFDB) and Block-Chain Backbone infrastructure.
India provided $250 million to Maldives as financial assistance
- India has provided the amount of $250 million as support to the Maldives. this amount will help Maldives in mitigating the economic impact of the COVID-19 Disease.
- India has enlarged The budgetary support of USD 250 million. No conditions have been kept between the two nations.
- The Maldives is going to get financial assistance through the State Bank of India (SBI). it will not show in the external borrowings of the Maldives.
HDFC Bank: topper in BrandZ top 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands ranking 2020
- In the ranking of BrandZ Top 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands 2020, the private bank HDFC Bank has got the 1st spot. this is the consecutive 7th year when HDFC has been at the top. currently, HDFC Bank’s brand value is over $20.2 billion.
- Followed by LIC and Tata Consulting Services gained the 2nd and 3rd place in the ranking.
About HDFC Bank –
CEO – Aditya Puri
Headquarters – Mumbai
Founded – August 1994
Founder – Hasmukhbhai Parekh
Tagline – We understand your world
HD Deve Gowda took an Oath as Rajya Sabha MP
- On 20th Sept 2020, The Ex-Indian PM Shri H D Deve Gowda has received oath as a member of the Rajya Sabha from Karnataka. He is 87 years old and serving as President of the Janata Dal (Secular) party. he was appointed to the Rajya Sabha in June 2020.
- This happens 1st time when a JD(S) leader is elected as a member of the Upper House since 1996.
About Mr Deve Gowda –
- Shri Deve Gowda served as Prime Minister of India between 1st June 1996 and 21st April 1997. he became 11th Indian PM. Apart from this, he has served as 14th Chief Minister of Karnataka between 1994 and 1996.
About Karnataka –
Capital – Bengaluru
Formation – 1 November 1956
Chief Minister – B. S. Yediyurappa
SBI: Mahila Atmanirbharshil Aachani (Women Self-Reliance programme)
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has begun a new program called Mahila Atmanirbharshil Aachani. it means Women Self-Reliance programme. this programme will help in accelerating Self Help Group (SHG) finance in the Bank.
Mahila Atmanirbharshil Aachani Objectives –
- It aims to build a strong bonding with the SHG member.
- SBI will boost credit linkages to the women SHGs nurtured and sponsored by NRLM, Assam.
About State Bank of India –
Chairperson – Rajnish Kumar
Headquarters – Mumbai
Managing Director – Praveen Kumar Gupta
Tagline/Slogan – The Nation banks on us / Pure Banking Nothing Else /With you all the way
85 years old Purba Dam died
- The famous exponent of Rabindra Sangeet, Shri Purba Dam Ji has taken his last breath at the age of 85. in the year 2013, he received Sangeet Samman from West Bengal state govt.
International Day of Peace 2020
- The International Day of Peace is observed on 21st Sept every year. it is also known as World Peace Day. this day aims to create awareness among people and discourse peace and harmony in the world. In the year 1981, the United Nations General Assembly set up this day.
Theme 2020 –
- International Day of Peace theme 2020: “Shaping Peace Together.”
World Alzheimer’s Day 2020
- the day of 21st September is observed as World Alzheimer’s Day across the world. the main purpose of this day is to create awareness about the stigma that is running around Alzheimer disease and associated with dementia.
Theme 2020 –
- World Alzheimer’s Day theme 2020: “Let’s talk about dementia.”
Daily Current Affairs pdf –